Twelve

Jack Gilinsky

"What is so important that you needed us to come to the warehouse at 11pm?" Shane asked when all of the gang members gathered inside. I sighed, rubbing my hands together, observing each one of their expressions.

"I have to tell you guys something." I spoke up, some expressions changing, other expressions staying exactly the same.

"I- I'm quitting." I blurted out, a couple of gasps escaping their mouths.

"You can't. Once you've joined the gang, you can't just exit the gang." Bruce started, walking towards me.

"Why do you want to quit?" Shane asked, pulling Bruce back. "Because, I want to live a normal, safe life. I figured the gang life isn't exactly what I want." I explained, but Shane had a suspicious look in his eyes.

"We can't lose another member, they will take us down easily if they know we're losing members." Luke argued, most of his words directed to Shane.

Another member? I looked around, realising there was one person missing... Liam.

"You'll need us, Jack. Remember how much money you'll make because of this job. Finding another, legal job is going to be a lot harder than selling drugs, guns and killing scammers." Bruce added, sounding like some psycho.

"You'll come running back like-" Before Luke could finish his sentence, Shane stopped him, followed by a tension filled silence.

"It's fine." Shane calmly spoke. Almost too calm.

"It's fine?" Luke and I both asked at the same time.

"Yes, if he wants to leave, it's his choice." Shane spoke sternly, Luke backing off as well as Bruce. "Go."

I nodded and walked out of the warehouse, entering my car and taking a deep breath. I thought quitting the gang was going to be a lot harder and something by the look on Shane's face tells me it isn't over just yet.

But that didn't really matter now, because all I cared about was for things to go back to normal between Casey and I. I may sound whipped, but she's everything I have left.

I drove out of the abandoned little place and made it home safe. Dropping my keys on the coffee table, I sighed deeply and rubbed my face, not knowing what to do next.

All I could think about was whether Casey was going to return home and forgive me for everything, or if she was going to want to leave me forever. I understand if she does, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I won't get to see my first child ever grow up.

A couple of hours later, I woke up to keys being put in the front door's lock and the door opening afterwards. I pretended to still be asleep when I saw Casey walking in. Once she spotted me, she sighed, closed the door and walked with her bag over to our bedroom.

Casey Gilinsky

As soon as I opened the door to our apartment, I noticed Jack lying on the couch in the living room. Sighing, I walked over to our bedroom to take a shower and change into something more comfortable.

I was surprised my dad had accepted me going back to Jack. But then again, I don't think he really had a choice. After all, he hasn't been in my life long enough to understand Jack and I's relationship.

I combed my dripping hair and left it air dry as I walked back to the kitchen, where I started preparing dinner. There wasn't much choice, but we had just enough essentials to make spaghetti and so I started making spaghetti for two.

"Hey," I heard from behind me. Without turning around, I mumbled a soft 'hi'. I felt his presence beside me, but I remained focused on the spaghetti. "How are you... And the baby." Jack asked hesitantly. I could feel him looking down to my stomach, but there wasn't much to see. I was barely two months pregnant.

"We're okay... I have an appointment next week." I responded and for the first time ever, an awkward silence fell upon us. Jack and I never had awkward moments together and by the look on Jack's face, I could tell he was feeling the same thing.

"Can you set the table, please?" I asked, finishing the spaghetti and putting it on two different plates, with the sauce on top. Once Jack finished setting the table, I served him his food and sat across from his as we started eating quietly, the only sound being heard were the forks hitting our plate.

"Casey, I know I didn't fix our relationship 100%, but we'll work on it. It'll all get better from now on, okay?"

"I believe that too." I shortly replied, not being able to imagine a brighter future.

"Trust me on this, I'll make sure nothing bad happens again." Jack said with a tone of assurance in his voice. Casey looked up, a small smile on her lips. She nodded and with that, the tension in the room disappeared.

« oh boy was he wrong... anyways, thank you guys for your patience & if you're still here to comment & vote for my stories; you have no idea how much i love & appreciate you. love you babes! »