Rain

Chapter 22 ~ Rain

"Why did I even agree to this?" Midorima Shinako groaned, pressing her palm to her forehead.

"Shina-chan! Don't be so mean!" Takao Kazunari exclaimed with a pout.

She turned her head away from him, her nose held high.

Takao glared at the the tall green haired basketball player beside him. "Shin-chan! This is all your fault! Why did you have to come with us!" Takao whined. He wanted to take this time to ask her about the basketball thing but Shintaro came along.

Midorima Shintaro pushed up his glasses with his right hand, a rose petal in his left hand, his lucky item for the day. "I'm not allowing Shinako to go on a date at this age. Especially with you nanodayo." As he said the last word, he narrowed his eyes at Takao.

"It's not a date, Shin-chan!" Takao retorted, stomping his feet.

Shintaro scowled at his black haired friend. "You're going to watch a movie and after that you're going to a restaurant. And then you're taking her to the park nanodayo. How is that not a date?"

Takao's cheeks became red and he frowned. "Hmph."

Shintaro shook his head. "Shin - "

He was cut short when Takao yelped.

The green haired girl was no longer with them.

Shinako stopped in her tracks and waited for them to disappear in the crowd before walking off. Their consistent bickering annoyed her and it was her free day. If only she wasn't so nice, she would still be in bed, sleeping.

She jumped when she saw a flash of lightning followed by a roar of thunder. Immediately, she ran to find shelter before the rain started to pour.

The blue sky became charcoal black and rain was splattered on her black boots. She pulled the sleeves of her shirt to cover her palm. It was the worst day to not bring a jacket. I should have stayed with nii-chan and Takao. She frowned wrapping her arms around her waist, trying to keep warm.

A person bumped into her and she was pushed into the rain. She squealed and stumbled back into the shelter accidentally hitting a person. "Sorry," she mumbled but the middle-aged woman returned it with a glare.

She frowned at the woman's retreating back and looked inside her crimson red backpack. She rummaged through her things until she found an umbrella. I'm saved! She thought pulling it out.

She walked into the rain, umbrella over her head. Now, all I have to do is look for Takao and nii-chan. She thought, walking to a random direction.

She walked and walked but with no luck. She couldn't find them and her bare legs were damp with rain water. Stupid skirt.

A tall guy with a black hoodie passed her, walking in the rain as if it was any other day.

She squinted at the person's back. Is that...?

She blinked and ran to the person, covering his head with her umbrella.

He glanced at her narrowed eyes but they quickly widened before returning to their original size.

They huddled in the small umbrella.

"Midori. What are you doing here?" Aomine Daiki asked, taking out his left earpiece but leaving the other one on. She frowned at him and he sighed before taking the other side out too. "What are you doing here?" He repeated.

"I'm looking for nii-chan and Takao." She answered, not even caring if he didn't know who Takao was.

Aomine raised an eyebrow. "Since when did you start calling him nii-chan?"

She looked away from his eyes and at the dark sky. "A lot of things changed Aomine. People too." She was referring to him and he knew it. He grunted in reply.

"You still hate basketball?" He asked, suddenly feeling the same guilt he felt every time he was around her. It was his fault that her childhood was shit.

She looked at his eyes even though he was avoiding eye contact. "Yes. No. I don't know." She paused. "I think I'm still traumatized. But basketball isn't that bad."

Right now, it seemed to her as if Aomine was the one who hates basketball.

"Aomine-kun, it'll get better." She said, the sky was clearing up. "You know Kagami-kun? He's more than you think he is. You don't win all the time."

Even though there was still a slight drizzle, she ran away, seeing Shintaro's green haired head.

Aomine stared at the two green heads bickering with each other before his lips turned up into a small smile.

Still as weird as last time. He thought before walking away to find Momoi. But... her chest has grown. Maybe E? But still smaller than Satsuki's.

Midorima Shintaro felt a shiver run through his body. Is someone thinking lecherous thoughts about Shinako? He glared at people walking by, even Takao who was just talking with Shinako.

↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭↭

just in case some of y'all haven't figured it out yet, aomine was the one who hit her with a ball when they were younger (that's why she found momoi and aomine familiar in one of the earlier chapters)