Déjà Vu

Chapter 12 ~ Déjà Vu

"Nii-chan, the uniform is weird." Midorima Shinako muttered, pushing up her glasses with her taped left hand. She's been calling him 'Nii-chan' ever since the incident with the 'Generation Of Miracles'. It was a lesson for her, and she was lucky that her brother didn't change unlike the rest who she could barely even recognize.

"You were the one who wanted to go to this school nanodayo," Midorima Shintaro answered, pushing his glasses up with his taped left hand as well.

The students around them sweat dropped. Twins are so weird...

"If I didn't go to this school, you would be dying." She said, nudging her brother's side.

Shintaro frowned at her.

"Where's your lucky item today?" She asked.

"It's a piece of gum nanodayo." He said, showing the strip of gum in his palm.

"Can I have it? My breath smells weird today." She said, muttering the last part.

"No, get your own gum." He said bluntly, closing his fist.

She elbowed his side. "Well you're acting mean today."

"Cause you are being too talkative nanodayo."

She rolled her eyes and moved her bangs out of her eyes.

"Why is all our classes the same nanodayo?"

"I don't know. I didn't choose our classes."

"Now I have to deal with you all day." He muttered teasingly even though it didn't sound so teasingly. He didn't have to sound like it, she'll know anyways.

She rolled her eyes again, "Well at least we don't share History and English together. See you."

She waved at him as he walked in another direction. She walked inside the English class and saw that there was only one boy inside, sitting at the front row with his head up. His slate blue eyes met her light green eyes as she walked past him to sit at the last row beside the window.

Takao Kazunari stared at the girl's light green eyes. Without a doubt, she was beautiful. But she looked like someone he wanted to take revenge on. But for some reason, he wanted to get to know her better. Maybe it was because of his personality.

He blinked twice before taking his bag and walking to the last row. He sat beside the girl with a smile on his face.

"Hi!" He greeted, trying to catch her attention. She looked up from her manga and stared blankly at him. "I'm Takao Kazunari!"

He let his eyes drift over to the book she held. The first thing that caught his attention was someone being eaten by a giant. His smile faltered.

She blinked and smiled a small smile at him, closing her book and drawing his attention back to her face. "Midorima Shinako."

He was totally caught off guard by her dazzling smile and his cheeks turned red. He thought the high cheek bone on her right cheek was cute. His mind didn't register that she said 'Midorima'.

Shinako kept her smile as the boy started a conversation, trying to ignore the feeling of déjà vu in her chest.