Again

Chapter 13 ~ Again.

"Midori-chan!"

Shinako looked up at the sound of the familiar voice.

Takao Kazunari stared at her weirdly and said, "I mean, it is OK for me to call you that, right?"

Shinako thought about it for a moment. Kazunari did seem like the type of person to make nicknames for other people. Despite knowing him for only a week or so, she nodded, a hint of a smile forming on her face.

"So, what club are you joining nanodayo?" Shintaro asked.

"I'm thinking of joining the track&field club." Shinako answered, scratching her chin.

"I thought you would join the literature club again nanodayo. What made you change your mind?"

"I feel like I'm getting too lazy. And fat. And I'm so pale. I need a tan." She replied, stretching her pale thin leg for Shintaro to see. Shintaro suppressed a snort and ignored her, thinking it was probably a girl thing.

"Would you still be waiting for my practice to end nanodayo?"

"Of course, I don't like being alone in that house." She murmured.

Shintaro ruffled her hair.

She pouted and smacked his hand away. "What was that for?"

"Nothing nanodayo."

A lot of things did change. He thought, looking up at the sky. But somethings will forever remain the same.

"Shin-chan! We're staying for late practice today?" Kazunari asked Shintaro.

"Yes." Shintaro replied, already walking out of the boys locker room.

Kazunari fumbled with his shirt, following after Shintaro. Shintaro and Shinako both had PE at the same time but they had different teachers.

Shinako stood at the back of the class. They were supposed to play badminton but she didn't have a partner so she just sat at the corner of the gym. She looked at the other side of the court. Shintaro and Kazunari were playing basketball with the rest of the class, unfortunately they weren't in the same team. It made both teams equal. Though Shintaro's team was a little ahead because they've been shooting three pointers instead of two. She and Kazunari have become quite good friends. He doesn't judge her when she smiles and his personality makes it hard for her not to smile.

Shinako turned her head back to her class's side of the court. She was a tiny bit surprised when she saw a brown haired girl standing in front of her with a hesitant smile.

"Midorima-san, do you want to change with me? I saw you sitting here by yourself so..." The brown haired and green eyed girl trailed off awkwardly, scratching her arm.

Shinako nodded and stood up with a fossil of a smile on her face. At least the people here tried to talk to her, unlike the ones in Teiko. Only those people tried to talk to her.

She took the red racket from the girl and walked towards the brown haired girl's partner who was standing at the opposite side of the net.

"Midori-chan!"

She blinked and her legs gave in when a basketball ball collided with her abdomen.

She whimpered softly before she fell butt first to the ground, her head colliding with the floor.

Black spots appeared in her vision. Her head was on the ground and her abdomen was in pain.

"Mi...chan...OK?" She blinked and tried to understand what Kazunari was trying to say to her.

Eh? Why is Takao here?

She shook her head and felt arms lift her up. They felt familiar.

"Ni...i...chan?" She mumbled and saw a flash of green hair before her vision blacked out.