Sleepover

Chapter 8 ~ Sleepover

Shinako rubbed her eyes and slowly stood up from her bed. She didn't smell food, she usually wakes up when she smells food but this time she woke up because she was hungry. About this time, Shintaro would be making food. Or would be bringing something back. But most likely he would be bringing something back. She doesn't make the food because one time, she almost burned down the house. And the next day when Shintaro tried to cook, he also almost burned down the house.
Shintaro forbid her -and himself- from going near the stove since then.

She pushed her hair off her shoulder, it was slightly wavy because her hair had been in a bun but she took it off when she was going to sleep. She scratched her cheek. I thought I slept in the living room? How did I get up here? Did Shintaro bring me up? She thought, going over to her study table to take her glasses.

She opened her room door and walked down the stairs. It was pitch black. She woke up late, It's evening already. She opened all the lights. The one in the living room, kitchen and even the toilet. He wasn't at the piano either(they have a room where they keep a piano). She couldn't find Shintaro so she checked in the only room left.

His room.

She doesn't go in there often. But it was clean and Shintaro always kept the curtain drawn. Like she did. They both enjoyed the darkness.

Instead of knocking she just slammed open the door ready to complain she's hungry. But she stopped in her tracks when she saw he wasn't alone in the room.

Seijurou was sitting on top Shintaro's study table, playing shogi by himself.

Atsushi was eating chips on a mattress, dirtying it.

Daiki was sleeping on Shintaro's bed, hugging Tetsuya while Tetsuya was reading a book as if Daiki didn't exist.

Ryouta was in front of the door putting on face cream.

And Shintaro was in the middle of the room face palming.

"Shintaro?"

All their eyes turned to her.

Daiki woke up from his slumber.

Seijurou put down his shogi board.

Tetsuya's book fell on his face and his arms flailed around.

Chips fell out of Atsushi's open mouth.

Ryouta accidentally put face cream in his mouth.

And Shintaro yelped when he heard her.

Yelped.

Literally yelped.

"WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" They shouted all at once, jumping onto Shintaro's bed. But, Seijurou was pulled in with them by Ryouta, using his hand that had face cream.

They pulled on the blanket trying to hide themselves from Shinako.

What happened? She asked herself, staring at them.