Beach

Chapter 20 ~ Beach

She covered her mouth with her taped left hand, her eyes shut tightly.

Oh no.

Oh no.

Oh no.

Just before it could come out, Shintaro placed a bag in front of her and she vomited, making disgusting noises. However, Shintaro was used to this. He moved her hair away from her face, tying it into a bun.

After she was done puking, she took a tissue paper from Takao and wiped her mouth before drinking water, trying to remove the taste of vomit from the back of throat.

"Shina-chan, you have motion sickness?" Takao asked, taking the tissue paper and throwing it in a plastic bag where Shinataro dumped the vomit bag in.

She nodded meakly before closing her eyes and leaning on the window.

"It's always like this whenever she rides a bus or a car." Shintaro said, wiping his hands with wet tissue. It seems he was well prepared.

"Nnnnn..." She groaned, her cheeks as green as her hair. She wanted to wipe her face with a wet tissue but her glasses were in her way. She threw her glasses to Shintaro and he caught it with ease. She started to wipe her face with a wet tissue.

It's my first time seeing her without glasses. Takao thought with a blush on his face. He felt awkward whenever he was near her but he refused to show it. He was going to be better than Akashi.

She suddenly covered her mouth again and made a gagging noise, then, in front of her was a plastic bag.

Wow. Shin-chan works fast.

She emptied her stomach in the small plastic bag and leaned on the window again.

This time, Shintaro took out her earpiece and plugged it in her ears before handing her a water bottle again.

After she drank, she passed the bottle back to Shintaro and leaned on his shoulder, her eyes closed.

Takao noticed Shintaro smile at her before he put her glasses in a case.

But suddenly, Takao felt jealous that she was leaning on Shintaro's shoulder. Even if he was her brother. He wanted to be the shoulder she leans on.

When the bus stopped, Shinako was the first one out.

"Solid ground!" She exclaimed, twirling in circles.

"Shina-chan! Don't do that you might vomit again!" Takao warned.

But she ignored him and continued jumping around.

"OK. I'm chill now." She said with a smile, not acting like her usual self. Maybe because of the pain she went through inside the bus, Takao thought with a small smile. I wouldn't if she's always like this.

"Shinako, take your bag." Shintaro as about to throw her black bag to her.

Shinako squealed and squatted, her hands over her head. When she didn't feel anything, she looked up and glared at Shintaro who was suppressing a smile and Takao who was suppressing a laugh.

Kiyoshi had a tick mark on his forehead, trying to prevent himself from punching Shintaro.

"Shintaro!" She shouted his first name, stomping towards him. She didn't get angry much but if she did, she was really angry. His eyes widened.

She snatched her bag away, and in the process, kicking Shintaro's shin. He pursed his lips and Takao couldn't hold it in, he burst out laughing like a maniac.

Otsubo shouted at Takao -and Shintaro, but mostly Takao- before walking off to the place they were going to stay in.

"Geh. It's pretty old." Takao commented, glancing at Shintaro and Shinako.

"Shut up, Takao." Otsubu said and Takao didn't make anymore comments about the place.

Shinako stifled a giggle and walked along with the boys.

Otsubo walked to the counter. "Shutoku. Two rooms."

"Two?" Takao asked, looking at Otsubo.

"All of us will share a room and Midori will get her own room."

The boys and Shinako glanced at the opened door and the Seirin coach standing there.

They were all speechless except for Shinako who waved at her, "Hello, Seirin Coach."

"So you're OK with sharing a room with her?" Kimura asked Shinako, as they walked to the beach.

"Yeah. I mean, I don't want to be a burden." She answered with a shrug. "Besides, it's not like she's going to kill me."

Takao and Shintaro nodded in response.

Otsubo stopped just before the shoreline and turned around. "We are going to run the whole beach before we go back to the gym!" He shouted so that all of them would hear his instructions. Takao groaned but Shintaro remained impassive. But Shinako was excited. She wanted to run. After she sprained her ankle, she wasn't allowed to run with them anymore until it's healed. Though, it's been healed a long time ago.

Some of them, like Otsubo, removed their shirts. She wouldn't blame them because it felt like the sun was heating them up and the wind did nothing to help.

Shinako came prepared, she took the hem of her shirt and pulled it up.

"Shinako!" Shintaro hissed at her before she could fully remove it. "What are you doing?!"

She lowered her shirt so that she could see Shintaro. "It's hot. I'm already sweating." And with that, she took of her shirt, leaving her with a black bikini bra and her khaki shorts.

"Shina-cha - " Takao yelped when he saw her and he covered his eyes. "Why are you in a bra?!"

She frowned at the back of his head. "Momoi-chan gave this to me when we met last Saturday. I told her we were going to the beach and she pulled me into some shops with her." She explained.

Shintaro face palmed. Momoi... this is all your fault.

"Midorima! Takao! What the hell are you doing?!" Yuya shouted, running behind the group, already meters away.

Takao's head snapped up and he sprinted to them. Shintaro ran after Takao and Shinako sprinted to Yuya before running in a normal speed.

She saw Yuya's eyes widen but ignored it, a frown on her face.

What's wrong with wearing a bikini? We're at the beach after all.