Chapter 19

Kaylieh's POV:

I woke up to a load of texts. I grabbed my phone off my night stand and snatched it out of the charger. It was 10:45 in the morning.

From Niall:

"Why did you leave?"

"What's wrong?"

"Babe, I need to see you!"

I quickly respond.

"I think you know why I left. Come to the house at 12. Come alone. Bye, teenage dirtbag."

Next was from Harry:

"Good morning, love! I have a splitting head ache! I'm gonna pick you up for lunch at 12. Ready to hang with my best friend!"

Did he even remember what happened last night? Obviously not. But I was ready to see him. I needed to talk to him about Niall, about the kiss, about everything. I just needed to talk.

"Hey, babe! Can you come at 12:30? I'm ready to hang with you too xx"

The next text was from Zayn:

"Vas happenin, bebz"

It was casual. I just figured I'd see him later.

The next was from Tori:

"Hey, love! What happened last night? Why did you take Niall's car? What's wrong? Do we need to come over? We stayed at the boys last night. Call us! Btw this is all the girls. Love you! xox"

I took a shower and did the usual, then called the girls and explained it all. I told them not to come over, that I was ok, and Niall was coming over later.

The next text was from Liam:

"I saw everything that happened last night. I was sober. I just want you know I'm always here for you. Love you, bebz xx"

I responded:

"I think I'm ok. If I need to talk later, I will deff call you, babe xx"

The last text was from an unknown number:

"I'd like to inform you that Niall does not like you. He never did. You're nothing to him. He likes me. We had loads of FUN last night. Where were you? Stealing his car? Reality check. Niall is mine. Back off. -Beccie xx (not)"

She didn't exactly say "back" off, but Patricia would kill me if I cussed.

How could she? Rebecca went too far. I could slap her if she were standing right there. She didn't even have the guts to say it to my face.. What if she's right? What if he never liked me in the first place? How could Niall Horan, the sweetheart of the UK, be so awful.

I heard a knock on the door. The knock I've been dreading for the last hour. Why was I so nervous? I didn't do anything to him. Then I realized I was standing at the door and he was standing just beyond the other side. Then I had no choice. I opened the door to see a fidgeting Niall.

"Niall.." I began.

"Why did you run off?!" He seemed mad and nervous. It was odd.

"Niall, I-"

"I was worried, babe."

"Ni-"

"What happened?!"

"Niall! You wanna know what happened? Really? Why don't you ask Beccie?!" I hated saying that name.

"Oh sh-" he made a statement that clearly showed he was an Irish hothead. "I had been drinking a bit. I went back to the guest room to grab my guitar and she came back there and got all over me."

"Well, you didn't stop her!" I had never had this much confidence. I guess it was that text from Rebecca that put me over the edge. "You said I was just a friend. I thought we had something. Something special."

"Kaylieh, I'm so sorry. Beccie-"

I cringed. Gah. Quit saying Beccie.

He continued, "Rebecca wasn't suppose to show up. I don't deserve for you to take me back. I don't even deserve to be your friend. I'm just gonna go. I'll talk to you later.." He did a fake grin, grabbed his keys, and went out to his car.

I turned around to see Harry standing in the doorway to the living room from the entry room. He had one arm lifted up and leaned all his weight against the door frame.

"Harry! How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough. I planned on dropping off Niall and waiting in the car until you were done talking, but I came in to use the restroom. I heard everything."

Tears were welling up in my eyes.

"Come here, love." He held open his arms. I practically ran into his arms. I loved the way it felt when we embraced. His strong arms wrapped around me. I cried into his shirt. I was so upset about everything, but Harry was there. I felt so safe and secure. I loved him. He was the best friend anyone could ever ask for.

He smelled of such sweet cologne. His perfectly curled hair. His strong arms. His friendliness. His deep green eyes. I was falling for my best friend. And fast.