Chapter 14

Harry's POV:

He kissed her?! Who would've thought of my best pal doing that to me? Wait. What am I saying? I don't like Kaylieh. She's my best friend. Besides, I kissed Bree. There's not a chance of anything happening between Kaylieh and me. I just need to take my mind off of this. But I can't! Why can't I?

"Are you okay, Haz?"

I realized Zayn had walked into my room. He surprised me. I was laying sprawled out on my bed all alone. He must have walked in when I was lost in thought.

"Umm. Yeah! No. I'm fine. Thanks, though." I lied to my bud.

"Harry, you've been acting weird since last night. Is it Kaylieh?" Zayn was good at reading me completely.

"Sort of."

"It was the kiss. Wasn't it?"

This time I couldn't lie. "Yeah. Kaylieh is my best friend. I don't want her to get hurt. I know it's just Niall, but I hate thinking about it. The kiss. I know I'm being overly protective."

"You're lying to yourself, Har. You like Kaylieh. Just say it."

I got angry. Fast. "No I don't! Why does everybody keep saying that?!"

"Nobody except me has said it. You've been asking yourself and denying it. Well, this conversation will mean nothing until you see for yourself. But we're all going with the girls to Starbucks and chillin around there for a while. You coming?"

"Not sure."

He walked out. I texted Kaylieh and asked if she was going to Starbucks.

"No. William needs his car washed. He's paying me $20. I'll just stay here."

I don't want her to be alone. And what's so fun about bodyguards surrounding you while girls scream at you and all you wanna do is drink coffee with pals?