Chapter 23

(A/N That last chapter was to all of the girls who've ever felt like that. You shouldn't have to be told by a superstar how much you mean to the world. You have a purpose. It's to spread God's word. Not impress anybody or be impressed or satisfied by anybody. If you're having any problems, go to God. Just had to throw that in there! PS- this chapter is kinda long and probably one of my faves!! xx)

Harry's POV:

We toured nearly every inch of London.. Well, that's what it felt like. I was so tired. We all decided to crash at Kaylieh's. Her mum still wasn't home. I didn't think she would be for a while.

We had all gotten ready to go to sleep. Zayn and Alex took her moms room. Tori took the living room couch.

Niall took the recliner in the living room. Louis, Liam, Laura, and Bree took the huge couch in the basement. I was suppose to take the twin bed in the guest bedroom. And Kaylieh was sleeping her room.

I couldn't sleep though. I had been laying there staring at the ceiling for nearly an hour. I was exhausted. I had to talk to Kaylieh.

I walked into her room. She was sleeping so peacefully and I hated to wake her up, but I had to get this off my chest. I really liked her and I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Kaylieh," I whispered. She was barely stirring. I tapped her shoulder. "Kaylieh.. Kaylieh Claire!"

She shot up. I had scared the crap out of her. I couldn't stop laughing.

"What the he-"

"Language, Kaylieh!" I laughed at how mad she was.

"I was gonna say 'heck,' you idiot! What do you want?!"

"Well, since I'm an idiot, I just came to say 'hi.'"

She threw a pillow at me.

"Fine! Fine!" I hesitated before I spoke again. "Umm. I need to talk to you."

"I need to talk to you, too."

She sounded serious. I didn't want to say anything I'd regret so I'd let her talk before me. I sat down beside her on her bed.

"You go first."

"Well, I just need to get some stuff off my chest."

I nodded to let her know to start talking and I was listening.

"Ever since my mom stopped calling me, everything's changed. It all fell apart. I hardly have a mother, my brother left because of my dad and mom's fighting, I hardly have any true friends, my step dad will never understand me, and I ruined my chances with Niall.. I must be the biggest idiot ever. I tried to pursue a relationship with my mom and she's not even here. She didn't care! Nobody cares! My life is a huge disappointment!"

I noticed tears rolling down her face.

"Kaylieh, I'm so sorry. I didn't realized all this was happening. I've been so stupid. I should've tried to get in touch with you before. I mean before this summer! I've been so caught up in myself and my career and my own feelings."

I wrapped my arms around her. I felt her tears drop onto my shirt. I didn't mind. I let her cry for a little bit before speaking. Then, I let go of her and looked her in the eyes.

"Kaylieh, you're extraordinary."

"What?" She sounded shocked.

"Your mum left you and doesn't care. Your brother left you. Your step dad doesn't care to know you. Your friends have betrayed you."

"Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me," she replied sarcastically.

"I'm saying that because you stayed so strong. You don't even see the good in it. Your brother left, but you got 5 amazing brothers right here. You're step dad doesn't understand you, but because you told me, I know more about you and how you feel. Your friends have betrayed you only to show you who your true friends are. Niall is missing out on an amazing girl. And if you hadn't tried to see your mum, I could've never done this."

I leaned in so fast and kissed her. I didn't wrap my arms all around her and she didn't wrap her arms all around me. We let the passion do the talking. Whether she realized it or not, she was kissing me back. I liked it.

"Can I stay in here tonight? I can't sleep in that tiny bed." The truth was I probably could now that everything was out in the open. I honestly didn't want to be away from her. I knew I made her feel safe. Safe from the world. "I won't do anything. I promise."

"Ok, Harry. You pinky promise?"

She held out her pinky. I locked my pinky with hers.

"Absolutely."

She motioned for me to get on the side closest to the wall. Once I was comfortable, I rolled over and kissed her forehead.

"Love you, Kaylieh Claire."

"Love you, too, Harry."

She grabbed my hand outside of the covers and intertwined her fingers with mine. And we fell asleep.