It's Not like You Care, Do You?

Through my blinding tears, I kept snapping the scissors along my hair, until it was hanging just above my shoulders, in line with my chin. It was awfully uneven. But I had done it. I leaned forward, my nose touching my reflection in the mirror. A knock on the girls bathroom door made me jump, smacking my nose on the mirror. 

I leapt back and gently dabbed my nose, which was now bleeding slightly. Expecting Yugyeom to be at the door, I went and opened it without really fixing how horrible I looked, because I knew he'd be nice to me no matter how I looked. 

But it  wasn't Yugyeom, it was Jinyoung. He looked shocked by my appearance. Or disgusted. I wouldn't blame him for thinking that.

I groaned, and started closing the door as soon as I caught sight of his face. He stuck his foot out, so I couldn't fully close it. I covered my face with my hands and turned away from him. 

"Hey," Jinyoung was close to my back, I heard him step forwards. His voice was soft and comforting. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked exasperatedly. 

"The teacher sent me to check if you were okay. And I wanted to make sure you were okay too. You don't seem like you are," He told me.

I shook my head. "Can't you tell I'm not?" I mumbled. He put his hand on my shoulder and turned me to face him. He fixed my hair for me, well, he tried his best to fix it. His fingers laced through my hair. I always liked people doing that, even though I hated my hair, long and short.

"Why did you cut it?" He asked.

"I needed to change," I replied blankly.

"You didn't need to do anything. And you don't," He sighed. 

I looked ugly, I'm sure of it. Why was he talking to me? I thought he hated me. His friends certainly do.

"Look, I'm sorry about what Soomin did to you, and I promise, I had nothing to do with any of that," Jinyoung said sadly. He pitied me. 

"...It's fine," I whispered, looking down.

"It's obviously not," Jinyoung chuckled at my denial. I sighed. "At least you're talking to me more," He smiled and nudged my shoulder, like he would do to a friend. He was right though. I had been talking more than I would usually. 

"I guess we should go back to class then," I muttered glumly. I would most definitely get more abuse after cutting my hair. I grimaced at the thought. Just thinking about the looks I would receive from my classmates, my teacher, Yugyeom, Bambam, they would think that I was mentally unstable. I guess I am, in a way.

"We could go back to class... but I know you don't want to, and I don't either. School's boring as hell," Jinyoung grinned.

"Then what?" I asked.

"We can go to the old music room,"

"But that room hasn't been used for years," I frowned.

"Not by teachers," Jinyoung winked with a laugh, and he grabbed my hand. 

I can't tell whether he cares for me or not. Is it even genuine? It could be another prank. I don't want to humiliate myself any further, but I followed him anyway. It sunk into my mind; we were skipping class. I had never done that before. I'd skipped school as a whole day, but never just one class. It made me feel excited, and rebellious. My expressions and feelings lightened. I didn't feel as heavy or weighed down anymore.