Things Fall Apart, and Out

A piece of crumpled paper fell to the floor when she snatched up her notebook and ran off.  I picked it up and decided to follow her. It might have been important. I didn't bother to glance at the scrawled writing, but Jackson and Soomin did. Jackson grabbed it out of my hand, causing a small tear at the edge of the page. He read through it giggling. Soomin leaned over him out of curiosity, balancing her hand on his shoulder.

"What is it?" She chuckled at him. Her eyes scanned over the words and she also burst into laughter.

"Junior, have you read this yet?! It's so pathetic that it's actually funny,"

He said it like I was intending to read it. "No, why?" I frowned. Why would they want to read it? It's not theirs, or mine.

Soomin rolled her eyes at me and pushed the paper against me. "Just read it, you dip," She sighed. I looked at the two of them. Both were anticipating my reaction. I reluctantly skim read it, but I didn't find it funny at all. It was just scattered thoughts, quotes and numbers. Even the full sentences that were written were dispersed randomly, written across the page rather than on the lines, and didn't fully make sense.

"I don't think we should read it. It might be private," One of the kids who follows us around said. He was brave to say that, and morally right, but my courage did not match his. I looked up at him and so did the others.

"Who said you would get to read it Bambam?" Soomin snarled at him, emphasising her pronunciation of his name with a glare for maximum affect. He immediately backed off.

Jackson and Soomin had glints in their eyes and I knew nothing good could come out of this. I tried to grab the piece of paper back, but when I was responded with 'Why do you care?', I also backed off. I guess society makes cowards of us all, I thought. No one wants to lose their status.

Still not wanting to play any part in whatever cruel act they planned to do, I left the cafeteria, and went to my locker.

My mind was occupied all day. With her. She was so mysterious that she was interesting. I mean, I didn't even know who she was this morning. I bet I sounded rude to her earlier. I should have phrased my questions better. I had to try my best to break her security blanket and gain her trust through this stupid homework. I wanted to find out more about her. I wanted to know her story.