-Chapter 21 (Luca's POV): The End of My Dream-

@copyright all rights reserved 2013

-Written By: LovableMonster-

-Chapter 21: The End of My Dream-

(Luca's POV)

Jessalyn has proven so much to me. She's done so much I never thought she would do. She's been afraid, her whole life. She doesn't like to be seen or her body, especially how she's shown me it. She doesn't take kindly to strangers and she doesn't let her emotions get sidetracked often. She doesn't feel comfortable around men, and she doesn't have the faintest idea how to raise a child. I know, so much about her, that it's almost like she's an open book. Just lying here, with her in my arms, is enough to make me happy for the rest of my life.

I want to make this last, every second of it. I want to hold her and love her until there is nothing left to love or hold. When we eventually die, I want us to be together. I want Annabella to start painting, so she'll know the joy I've known from it. I want Jessalyn to love that child, even though I fully won't. I want that child to find a man and marry him. Someone she loves, and I will tell her one thing.

Don't judge books by their covers.

I know that Jessalyn hasn't really known me that long. I know I've done things that can't be forgiven. I wish I could take back everything so she wouldn't have to live with such a monster. I don't want her to keep running away from the people who want her found just because I'm not good enough for her in the long run. I don't want her grandparents to keep looking for her. I know they love her...A lot.

I get up from the loveseat, holding up Jessalyn's body so she won't wake and I place her gently back down on the furniture. I head to the bedroom, just to put on my night coat. Paris is a chilly place, especially considering that the sun never wants to peak out in the days. I love it here though, it's not like London, where I had to leave behind that horrid past.

I check to see if Annabella is asleep and then I make my way out of the house. I pull on my coat, to brace it against the night air. The wind blows my hair upward and sends shivers down my spine. I don't often get cold, this must be one of those nights. I let my feet take me towards a little jewelry shop. I've come to know this place, it's where I got Jessalyn that locket she wears. I think she likes it, a lot, but she sometimes forgets about it. Like it's a part of her body that doesn't stand out for remembrance.

I enter the shop, this time there's no bell to alert anyone. The sign didn't have a vegetable basket, but instead the words: Lovely Jewels. I've got to admit, they are lovely indeed. Jewelry has always been a mystery to me, because the wearer has more beauty than an object. Although, women literally die for a diamond necklace or even a pearl one.

The jeweler knows me well, by now. I take my time, observing the jewelry. I know exactly what I've come in here for, I just want to know which one will look perfect on her. Which one will mean that I truly do love her. Women, can be very choosy when it comes to jewelry like this. They can get jealous with greed for bigger and better things. Well, so can men.

I finally find the perfect one and I pay for it, I brought this large amount of money for this particular reason. I didn't want Jessalyn to know how much we actually had, I even kept telling myself that we had little money so I wouldn't think about this so much. I know I lied, but she won't care soon. She'll forget all about our little trip to the grocer. I thank the jeweler and exit the shop as quickly as I came.

Upon returning hope I have the box in my wooden hand. I've come to finally accept this wooden thing, but I still don't like it very much. It should help me, but it's just in the way. I can't feel anything with it, I can't feel Jessalyn with these wooden fingers.