-(Special Chapter): A Kidnapper's Nightmare: Prologue-

@Copyright all rights reserved 2013

-Written By: LovableMonster-

-Prologue: Sweet Southern Hospitality-

I place my book down, it's a small romance novel and it sometimes clears my mind for me. I look down at my bony finger at the ring, this is probably the tenth time I've done it today. I don't know why I even have hope anymore, I don't know why I think Luca will return to me. It's been almost five years and both me and Annabella have grown up so much in those years. She's gotten more mature, although maturity doesn't make you understand or believe everything like when your younger. I try not to think about the time wasted hoping for Luca's return, and think about my daughter. I spend my countless days thinking about Luca, but I spend my energy obeying my daughter's commands. She's also gotten very...Immature, in certain situations. I still love her though, because she's my only daughter after all.

I get up from my grandparents' living room filled with chairs and a warm atmosphere. I walk upstairs, taking my time with them since half of them are broken. Walking like this makes me feel fifty not twenty-eight. After making it to the top I walk to my bedroom, the one I've had all these years. Besides the time I spent with Luca, those wonderfully horrid months.

I walk inside my room, facing cheap wooden walls and a made bed. There's a little bookshelf on one wall, filled with hundreds of books, oh how I loved to read back then. There's also a dresser, filled with clothes me and my grandmother picked out, which might not have been the best idea. I sit on the edge of my bed, which makes it squeak, which makes me annoyed. I've always despised that squeak.

Annabella walks in, she always seems to follow me now. She hasn't forgotten about the police escorting us either. The boat ride was awful, for both us. I couldn't stop crying and some passengers got very irritated with me. Annabella tried her best to calm me but I just didn't want to leave Paris, I wanted to stay and be at least somewhere close to Luca. The boat ride took many nights and days and finally we got back home to South Carolina. My grandparents of course pestered me with questions.

So, we made up a fake story. I told them that I was kidnapped and that along the way a man saved me and he had my child with him. And that the kidnapper was found shortly afterward. I told them he didn't lay a hand on me, but this was untrue, he touched me so lovingly. I just pretended like the kidnapper wasn't Luca, that he was perhaps...Felix. The biological father of Annabella, who is now nothing but a blood stain on Luca's old carpet. Evidence, that someone like Felix lived. My grandparents in the end bought it, wouldn't let me out of the house for almost a year, and they showered my daughter with new found love. After being shocked about the story behind the child, and angry at me.

Annabella is dressed in a long brown dress, she cut of the sleeves with her handy scissors. She's always making modifications to her dresses, I don't remember going through that phase when I was younger. My daughter likes to show some leg and some of the top of the pastry, she'd say. I don't appreciate the fact that men could have their eyes on my daughter, but this happens to most women. Besides, my daughter is a beautiful young lady. She better be smart too, unlike I was. I can still remember that night, especially when I touch the scars and then think of Luca.

I went through a period where I wouldn't eat or talk to anyone, because my mind wouldn't allow it. I wouldn't stop mourning over Luca, and finally my daughter started to get me out of it. I think I'm returning, after she worked so hard. I know she cares a lot about me, but I don't think she can do much anymore for me.

''Yes, Anna?'' I ask and she comes over and sits down next to me on the bed. I love my daughter.

''Mom, grandma wanted me to tell you that we're going to have some company soon, that we're going to have a new houseguest...'' She says and looks at me with eyes telling me she's thinking the same thing.

Luca's back.

We both jump up as fast as we can to race downstairs. We both nearly trip on our own dresses but we manage. I spot my grandmother sipping tea from a little china teacup decorated in red roses. She's leaning up against the doorway of the exit.

''Want any tea Jess?'' She asks and I shake my head, who can drink tea at a time like this? My heart nearly jumps out of my chest with excitement and hunger for Luca.

''When's the houseguest coming?'' I ask and I can't control my voice from shaking. Annabella has a hard time staying still either, she has to walk around to get out her spring.

My grandmother, Jillian, quits leaning, yet still takes a sip from her tea.

"Any minute now dearies, thank you Annabella for bringing Jess down. I really want her to meet our houseguest, he's really nice," My grandmother smiles at me and I just think 'I know'.

------

We wait for a while and finally someone knocks on the door, I look down at my ring and then I nearly push my grandmother out of the way to answer the door. I'm sorry grandmother.

I pull on the door handle and let the door swing wide open, I try to put my arms out, ready to be embraced in Luca's arms. One real, one wooden.

My heart stops when I see another man in the doorway. He has brown hair, bangs that need a cut. He has light blue eyes, golden skin, and he's dressed in white. He speaks with a soft voice.

"Oh, you must be Jessalyn, I'm Malcolm. Your grandmother said I could stay here for a while, nice dress,'' he says, walking in while he flips his bangs out of his eyes with a simple movement.

I already hate him, I already hate myself for thinking that Luca could actually be at that door. I hate it, thinking that he'd finally shown up after all these years. I know Luca loved me, but he would've tried to get out by now, he would've.

Malcolm looks over at me again but he seems to completely ignore the fact that my body is disfigured, it's nice, but it's probably because he's too busy to notice or care,'' Could you show me my room?'' He asks and I shake my head, aggravated.

"Let my daughter show you.''

-TO FIND OUT MORE CHECK OUT: A Kidnapper's Nightmare, ON MY PROFILE.-