-Epilogue: A Kidnapper's Nightmare-

@Copyright all rights reserved 2013

-Written By: LovableMonster

-Epilogue: A Kidnapper's Nightmare-

I wake up slowly and rub my eyes. I slept pretty well last night, maybe because of Luca's arms around me the whole time. When I look to see him or to feel his presence under me he's not there. He must be  cooking breakfast or getting dressed for later. I get up from the loveseat and yawn, that's when a little box falls to the wooden floor of the room. It's a tiny thing really, topped off with a pink bow. Pink is my favorite color. I wonder what it's for and pick it up, letting the edges of the box dig into my palm. I stare at it, confused, but decide its better to just open it then stand here in wonder.

I pull at the bow's strings and untie it carefully and then after putting that down I open up the top; removing it to see what's inside. I gasp and nearly drop the box, with my heart ringing and my ability of breathing going down. I tremble, with joy for a moment, also confusion explodes inside of me as well. Inside the box is the biggest, and most beautiful ring I've ever seen. A diamond ring; a wedding ring....I can't get my eyes off of the thing, it's so beautiful.

Although, where's Luca? I'm not sure I'm ready for something like that. I love him, but I'm not hasty to make decisions like this, so soon. I'm positive that Luca would be here to see me open it, or maybe he has bigger plans. I shake my head and close the box, setting it on the table. I can feel myself grin, spreading it across my face like a sign, but I still don't want to jump with decisions in my life. Running away was big enough, for both us. Although, some day, I would like to get married...

I sigh and walk over to Annabella's room to wake her, but she's beat me to it. She has wide eyes and she doesn't look herself. She's got a secret, something she's not telling me, something she doesn't want me to know right now. I don't like these secrets we have between us. I don't like how I haven't even had a conversation with her about our lives, let alone a decent conversation without sobbing or hatred in our eyes.

She's already dressed and her blonde hair is combed back, she adverts her gaze from mine. She doesn't want to look at me, maybe it helps her in her case, in mine, it doesn't. I walk over to her, raising an eyebrow, and she looks up at me. She's trembling, I can sense that much. She's afraid, not of me, but of the secret she holds inside. I go to ask her what's wrong and she finally explodes, letting it out.

"Luca left!'' She says, and I suddenly feel a pain in my chest.

No, he couldn't have. He wouldn't.

I give Anna a fake laugh," He's probably out shopping dear..." I say, hoping it's true in the end.

Annabella gets up from the bed she was sitting on. I can see sorrow on her eyes, pity, for me.

"Mama...He's going to turn himself in...I just know it! I saw him leaving last night, I thought he was going to go somewhere else, but he never came back, I realized what he had done...After giving you that box...Oh mama, I didn't want you to know..." She tries to resist crying, but can I? She managed to get all of that out, quickly, so I wouldn't run away or interrupt her. I just do the running away part after hearing it, that's all.

I exit the room quickly, almost tripping over myself. I don't want Luca to be gone...He can't be gone. That's when I notice a brown, beat up journal on the table, alongside the ring box. It's aged from wear and tear and it's pages are yellow. I'm quick to open it.