-Chapter 6: Annabella-

@Copyright all rights reserved 2013

-Written By: LovableMonster-

-Chapter 6: Annabella-

Luca quickly grabs me and hides me behind his desk. I try to refuse it, but he's much stronger than me. The pounding on the door grows quiet and a woman's voice can be heard. ''I know you're in there, mother told me where you hide...'' The voice grows silent and Luca suddenly becomes stiff.

He eventually picks his self-off the floor and I gaze after him, wondering who the voice could belong to. I peek my head around the desk to get a better view.

Luca jumps down on the tile with his expensive boots and walks over to the bookshelf, he places his hands on it and moves it aside without any trouble. I always wondered where the exit was, now I feel rather dumb for not even thinking of that...

Luca puts his hands to the door and then opens it up by the handle. A girl, who's very young, walks in the room. She has a pretty pink dress with a white parasol and matching shoes with bows. She looks like she might be a doll in a shop window. Her head is covered in long, blonde hair and she has pretty blue eyes that wander around the room. I always wanted one of those dolls when I was younger...

That's when she coughs; the child is massively sick. Luca looks down at the child.'' Who are you?'' He asks, impatiently.

He dismisses her sickness like a wave of his hand and bends down on his knees to look her up and down. She's a little ole' thing, probably not much older than a nine year old at best. She has long blonde hair and pretty blue eyes, but on top of all that there's a sickness spreading quickly.

The little girl coughs again, "My name is Annabella, my mother...my mother is Ms. Gringale, she told me that if I asked you to take care of me that you'd do it...Please mister...I don't feel very well..." She looks up at his red eyes, like she's seen them a thousand times. She doesn't scream or run away, she acts as if they hold no curiosity or meaning.

I begin to wonder if Ms. Gringale is the woman Luca mentioned earlier, I hope to God it isn't...My prayers are rarely answered. I watch the little girl muster up enough courage to ask Luca to stay here and he looks over at me and I nod. He's not going to throw this sick child on the streets even if his mother was a vile person.

I come out from behind the desk and put an arm on the little girl's shoulder.'' You said your name was Annabella sweetie? That's a pretty name.''

''Thank you ma'am...'' She says, twirling her parasol in her little hands. I've always wanted one of those, even as a little girl. I was probably very selfish back then, not realizing what a good life I had before it all came crashing down.

''Luca, let the child stay, she's sick...'' I say at him, knowing he won't refuse what I say and that I'll probably force him by saying I'll leave right through that door since I know where it is now.

He nods in agreement and walks off, shaking his head slowly. I wonder what's going on in his head right now, I probably don't want to know.

Annabella sits down in Luca's desk chair, the one with the fine leather and golden buttons sewn in it. It's a unique piece of furniture, I'll give him that much. Luca returns with a bottle of liquid; that disgusting medicine you were forced to drink as a child. It's still not any better today, it's either powder and flavorless or vomit in the sink. I hope for Annabella's sake that it's neither, maybe she'll have some newfound luck in this place.

------------

After Luca gave the girl medicine and let her sleep in the room I usually sleep in, which was no matter, me and Luca sat down on the couch while I sat down on the loveseat. We always seem to talk to each other here and nowhere else. Maybe it's where we feel most comfortable, because the bathroom and the bedroom hold no interest for me when it comes to Luca.