-Chapter 16: What if it's a Dream?-

@Copyright 2013 all rights reserved-

-Written By: LovableMonster-

-Chapter 16: What if it's a dream?-

Luca kicks me and he wakes me from his sleeping. He's having a nightmare, his body thrashing everywhere and his arms and legs kicking the air like someone's in front of him. He screams in his sleep and I try to calm him down. I try gripping his arms and even, admittedly, slapping his cheeks. Sweat starts rolling off of him like a waterfall and his heart is racing.

"Luca...Wake up!" I yell at him and I pull on his shirt. If he's playing some sick game on me, it isn't funny.

I hug him fiercely and grip him hard so maybe it'll be what wakes him, and to my luck, it is. His eyes flash open and his red eyes blink a few times, searching the room. He appears to be dazed and when he looks down at me to figure out what's holding him so tightly he screams at me, like I'm a horrible, disgusting creature. He has a crazy look on his face and I try to calm by saying it was nothing but a nightmare, that's all.

He slows down and looks at me and starts touching me like a mad man. He rubs his fingers on my skin, on my arms, on my legs, on my face. Somehow, I don't seem to mind it right now. He holds my head in his hands and lets out a sigh.

"I didn't think it was...You...You were hurt in my dream, and I saw my--never mind...When did I fall asleep?'' he asks, looking at my black dress. He holds me even tighter and I can barely breath or speak.

"You...You fell asleep on the couch while I read Annabella a story for the night, don't you remember?" Luca shakes his head at me and leans his head against mine. He's not cold, he's feverishly warm like after an experienced nightmare occurrence.

"Annabella helped me take you to your bed, because we didn't want to wake you...Poor thing still doesn't know what's going on around here...Anyways, don't worry, it was just a bad dream..." I say trying to release myself so I can breathe. Luca doesn't let go though, whatever happened in his dream must've been pretty bad.

I know I've had some bad dreams here about Felix and Anthony....I shudder at the thought and let myself be comforted by Luca. He finally lets me go and I that it's pretty late and we should go to bed. I get up to go to my own room but Luca stops me.

"Don't leave me Jessalyn..." He says and gets up, and heads to the bathroom, probably to change.

I sigh and untie my hair from the messy bun I placed it in, and return back to the bed. I feel weird, I know I laid with Luca in this bed before, but now that I love him it's different. I'm not having any thoughts, I'm just scared of it all. Luca is a powerful man when he wants to be...

When I cover myself in the blankets Luca returns, I don't look over to see him but I can feel his presence in the room again. He slips into the bed and his body heat added to mine under the blankets is not enough. My body suddenly grows cold and I shiver, but I try not to be too obvious. Apparently, I am, and Luca wraps his arms around me and pulls me to him. He's not wearing a shirt.

I can feel his muscled chest on my back and his heat covering me from the cold like a shield. I always thought Luca would feel like a piece of ice, considering who he is and what he's done, but he's so warm. His breath returns to my neck and I feel him all around me. His hands still gripping my waist and his mouth near my neck. His wooden arm feels strange on the side of me, but I don't want it gone. It's part of him.