chapter 5

*Lucas*

I hope everything was ok with Nate... he seemed down or something. I just couldn't put my finger on what was up.... maybe it is just family troubles.

My Mum had just gone on a business trip. So it was just me and my dad at home. It was better than I expected. You see I came out to my parents and my dad has accepted me, but I don't think my mum has.

There was a knock on the door. It was Jaxon, he was covered in blood and he looked like he was about to pass out... I decided to call an ambulance, shortly afterwards he passed out in my arms. I held him, telling him that everything was going to be alright, though I wasn't sure that he could even hear me.

The ambulance took him to the hospital; I made sure I got to go with him. I needed to tell the doctors what had been going on. 

After the doctors told me everything was going to be ok, and I told them about the parents... I promised that he could stay with me ad wouldn't go back to that. I did phone my dad to make sure.

I decided to go for a wander. I ended up getting completely lost and came to a ward that had people lined up and hooked to canellas. I must admit, it freaked me out a little. Only because I didn't know what was going on.

At the end of the line I saw an undesirably familiar face. I walked over to Nate. "W-What are y-you d-doing here?" I managed to stutter out. He looked down. "I have cancer... Leukaemia... I'm here for chemotherapy." He said, not looking up once. "Oh" was all I managed to say before, walking off... I didn't explain why I was there, which I should have.  But I couldn't I couldn't bear watching him like that... I went back to Jaxon... thankfully he was awake and being allowed home... well to my house.

Once we got home... I saw my dad passed out, a glass in his hand and an empty Jack Daniels bottle and phone next to him... great.

I cleaned up the bottle and glass, got my dad off to bed and decided to read his texts... there was one from mum. I read it... she said she wasn't coming back. Well now I understand the whiskey. I sat there... I was the only one awake, since the pain medications that these two were on pretty much knocked them out.

What a delightful day it has been for me... not.