Chapter 28 Nothing but the Truth

The chapter title is actually a book title, it's a great story I read when I was little :)

so this is IT! the LAST chapter :D I am so not ready for this haha! jokes :P

There will be a kind of epilogue, so stay tune for that! I will also be starting a new story, a science fiction/fantasy, I will post a taster chapter for that at the end, so watch out for that too!

Please vote and commets! Feedback is appreciated :D

thanks My_Poker_Face for the cover (it's on the side!)

-----------------------------------

I shifted my weight from one foot to another nervously, and kept smoothing out the non-existence creases on my shirt. It was the end of the school day and I was standing next to Andy's locker waiting for him to arrive. He somehow managed to run with inhuman speed away from me after maths and disappeared out of sight through lunch. Even with the help of Alison, Hannah and Aidan (whom Alison filled in and was more than willing to help).

Not that I wasn't glad, it would had been pure awkward to try and talk about this in between lessons or at lunch. Look at what happened last time Aidan requested to talk to me, I would never want to put myself through such embarrassment again.

Alison had been hovering around Andy's locker the entire day and swore that she hadn't seen him approach it, therefore he must come back to put his books away or carry them all home (since Aidan, in an attempt to help told Andy that he couldn't catch a ride with him).

So I was left with no choice but to wait for him next to his locker.

At least there were much less people around, otherwise I might have backed out of waiting here altogether. Speaking of which I had been standing here since the bell signifying the end of school rang, which had been 20 minutes ago. Where on earth was Andy?

Five more minutes. I thought to myself, then I am out of here. I stared unfocused at the corner of the hallway, my mind drifting off somewhere else entirely. Maybe he had gone home, rather walking with all the books, or he had managed to hitch a ride with someone.

Just then Andy rounded the corner carrying a large pile of books, he must had been in the library. He was looking in one of the books in his hands and hadn't spot me yet. My heart started to speed up, my stomach in knots, I had to talk to him.

Andy looked up from his book about two meters away from me, he froze, as if contemplating if he should turned and run or not. The atmosphere around as tense as he finally decided to stand his ground. 'Hi Anna, what are you doing?' He said, sounding uncertain, I smiled at him, trying to look nonchalant while inside I was screaming run! Run!

'Andy, we need to talk.' I said, my fingers tying knots around each other in an attempt to calm myself. Andy looked grim, but not surprise, he walked to his locker and shoved the books inside.

'Okay.' He said, turning to look at me, his face a picture of calm. 'Where should we go?'

'Let's go to the back of the school.' I said, remembering the benches. We walked in an uncomfortable silence towards the back of the school. I really wanted to know if he was feeling the same things I was. Confuse, nervous, not sure of myself and at a complete loss for words. I had no idea what to say, and I had thought about this before hand. With my head whirling with things to say we had arrived at our destination. Andy dumped his bag next to the nearest bench and I followed the suit.