Chapter 3 Reality calls, more like knock me in the face

' It's...it's..in..in the coo-oom-puterrr!' I choked the words out, laughing so hard that I almost rolled off Andy's bed, while Andy did fell on the floor laughing and continued to laugh like a mad dog. Thank god for the party outside generating more noise than us, otherwise people might start to wonder if we have gone mad.

'Crazy pills!' Andy said, getting up from the floor and wiping a tear off his eyes. 'I can never get bored of this movie!'

'What time is it?' I asked after a while, when the laughing had stopped. Suppressing a yarn, I stretched myself trying to fell more awake. Being a nerd means I usually sleep early. Andy looked at his watch.

'Just past midnight.' he answered, stretching his arms too, I frowned, the party had gone on for 3 hours now, and judging from the amount of noise coming through the door it's not going to end soon. 'I need the bathroom, where is it?' I asked.

'Turn left and it's right on the end.' Andy replied, taking the DVD back out and putting it back. Feeling guilty that I wasn't helping, I quickly slipped through the door and headed down the corridor. As I walked pass the last room I heard two familiar voice and recognized they are Whitney and Aidan's voices, my nosiness kicked in and I slowed down my steps trying to catch a sentence or two; and then I heard my name. I stopped.

'Why is Julie Montrose here tonight?' I pressed my face on the door and heard Whitney's whiny voice asking Aidan, I rolled my eyes, Whitney and I had never got along, and I am really glad that me being here bothers her.

'Who? Oh right, her brother called me, saying that if she can't come then he won't, and what kind of party is it if Dylan Montrose isn't here.' Aidan replied with a small laugh, after some conspicuous sucking noise that I recognised as kissing. The thought of the two of them making out made my blood boils and I nearly walked away, but somehow I remained transfixed at the spot.

'Argh, her being here totally ruins the party for me! Thank god she is lock away in your little brother's room, if I have to see her around in that awful braces and glasses I will die!' Whitney whined, I rolled my eyes, she didn't even realised I had taken off my braces. Then the two of them continued to make more 'sucking noise'. I cringed at the thought of the two of them kissing again and started to move away now that my legs finally seemed to be back under my control.

'I know, it's so creepy that she has a crush on me, and she think that I wouldn't realise!' Aidan's voice drifted towards me, stopping me dead in the track, my hand flew to my mouth and my heard literally skipped a beat. OMG, HE KNOWS.

'If she isn't Dylan and Gina Montrose's little sister I would have told everyone what a creep she is, she is like one of those stalker you see on TV. I mean the way she looks at me! I can see that she thinks that I am her prince charming or something. How naïve can someone get? It's like she never grow up. Stupid, naïve little Julie.' Aidan said in a disgusted voice. I could feel my heart shuttering into a million pieces, so this is what he thinks of me.

'More like Ugly little Julie! Seriously, it's like she is adopted. How can she be related to Gina and Dylan Montrose?' Whitney said, tears started to flow down my face uncontrollably. My hand tightened on my mouth stopping the noise. I don't want them to know that I heard them, I don't want them to know how much it hurts to hear what they say about me. I might have pretend that I don't care, but it's hard being the plain one in the family, like Mary Bennett in Pride and Prejudice. Only worst, because this is high school, and everyone judge you openly.

'Let's not talk about her, we have better things to do.' Aidan laughed, and the sucking noise started again. I ran into the bathroom and lock the door behind me. Sliding down to the floor, I hugged my legs into my chest, trying to suppress the stream of tears coming out. I will no let them get to me, I won't let them get to me.

'Julie, are you in there?' I heard someone knocking on the door after what seemed like hours, and recognised Andy's voice. I flinched when I heard him call me Julie, it reminds me of what Aidan just said. Stupid, naïve little Julie. I shook my head, I am being silly. Julie is my name, everyone called me Julie. How can I flinch at the sound of my own name? See what popular kids do, they ruin your live.

I quickly washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror. Hm....Just a bit red on the nose, which hopefully he won't notice due to the lack of light. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves down.

'Yeah, I am here. I had to wait for my turn.' I shouted back, making sure my voice sounded even, at least I had always been good at thinking up excuses. Oh thank god for my glasses, they were doing a pretty god job hiding my red eyes. I moved my hair so that it cover half my face before going out again. I refused to be show any signs of what just happened got to me, I don't want to behave like a weakling they accused me of being.

'Hey, are you OK?' Andy asked, looking at me, his eyes full of concern. I gave him a shaky smile, feeling touched by his concern. I couldn't help but think how my grandma always told me not to judge a book by its cover. Aidan might have all the good looks, but Andy definitely is the better of the two brothers. I can't believe how blinded I was by Aidan's good look, he was right to call me naïve.

'Yeah I am, just, erm...the noise is getting to me.' I said, oh my god that is the worst excuse ever. Andy looked at me for a few more seconds before leading me back to his room.

'I am not feeling too well, so I think I am just going to find my brother and sister and get home.' I said, smiling while grabbing my bag. Andy sighed and put a hand on my shoulder.

'Alright, I will help you look for them.' He said, and I was so thankful for him not asking questions about my sudden change of mood.

It took us 15 minutes to find them. My sister was making out with this guy from the football team and she wasn't so please that I dragged her off him. But when she saw the look on my face she agreed to go immediately. My brother was harder to find, but Andy found him in the pool in his underwear with some cheerleaders, and somehow managed to convince him to come out.

'Thanks Andy.' I said to Andy as he walked us to our car. He really didn't need to do this, he was being really nice tonight. 'I am so sorry to trouble you tonight and ruining you first day of summer.'

'Nah, I wasn't going to do anything interesting anyway.' He replied, shrugging it off. I gave him a quick hug before getting in the car. After what I have heard, his niceness is like a big tub of Ben and Jerry, comforting.

'What's up with you and Andy? Did he try to do something to you?' Dylan frowned at Andy as he gets in the car, while Gina gave him an incredulous look.

'Of course not, if he did, then Julie will be running away from him. Guys are so dumb' Gina said. Looking back at me with a concern look. I pressed my lips together, not wanting to elaborate. Tiredness of tonight's events are creeping in.

We drove home in silence. I could still hear Aidan and Whitney's voice in my head, Stupid naïve little Julie...Ugly little Julie....

'Julie, we are here.' Dylan's voice dragged me back to reality, hearing my name again made me flinch. Julie. Ugly little Julie. 'Are you OK?' He must had seen my face, I nodded before running back into the house and straight up my room.