Chapter 22 Jump out of the pan and into the fire

Phew, finally gotten somewhere. What do you think Anna is going to face in school?

Summer is getting so boring for me....

Please VOTE AND COMMENT!

--------------------------------------------

I could feel people's eyes all zoom in towards me the moment I got off the car. I hate it when they do that, it's like living in a zoo. But at least you don't have to understand all the stuff people say about you if you were a zoo animal.

I tried to stop myself from running with my arms over my face in the nearest bathroom and walked up the stairs calmly with my head held high like I normally do. I could hear whisper broke all around me, but I tried my best to ignore them. I was shaking very badly with all the adrenaline in my system but hopefully none of them noticed.

I managed to arrive safely at my locker without any direct insults, which I took as a good sign. The bad news is that none of the popular crew were actually here yet, so I can't tell what their approach to this is. Hopefully Will (my heart skipped a bit at the thought of him, traitor!) could at least help me a little. I doubt it though.

'Hey.' I arrived at my locker to see that Andy was standing awkwardly next to it, shifting his weight from one foot to another with a nervous look on his face, resembling a lost puppy. I smiled at that thought and said hi to him.

'Are you better now?' He asked, sounding as nervous as he looked. I caught him looking at my wrists as I opened my locker and get my books, people really loves to believe rumours way too much. That's why I made sure to put my wrists in plain sight today so that everyone could see how I didn't try to kill myself.

'Did anyone harass you?' He asked, straightening up, looking concerned, I shook my head at him, smiling. He is such a good friend (Alison and Hannah are nowhere to be seen), but just as I finished the sentence, I saw out of the corner of my eyes that the popular crew was coming this way.

Decided that it was best not to run, since they might shout after me attracting more attention, I settled for burying my head into my locker pretending to search for something. I felt Andy stiffened next to me as he caught sight of them. I kept my head resolutely in my locker and chanted they can't see me over and over in my head.

'Oh guys look who it is, little Miss Montrose.' I heard a voice snickered behind me, Tori. I took a deep breath to calm myself (barely) before turning around with a big, fake smile plaster on my face.

'Oh look, it's little Miss Stripper.' I retorted, this cause several people nearby to laugh and wiped the nasty smile off Tori's face. I saw that she had a group of her, well, friends behind her, with some wannabes. They are the bitchier lot, luckily Will was nowhere in sight otherwise I might not even be able to spat out another word, although his dear friends Jack and Greg were there. Oh, and of course, Whitney was there, glaring at me with an evil smile.

'At least I didn't get dumped in public and try to kill myself.' She said, the group of people behind her had a sneer on their face, folding her arms across her chest she stuck her chin out at me, as if daring me to contradict her.