Chapter 28

'I will mingle with our guests.' Dejectedly Twain's eyes left Macy's.  He began walking away.

'Twain  ... '  Macy clutched his arm tightly.  'I won't be long.'

He smiled, nodded.  His head dipped to brush her lips lightly. 

He would wait.  He loved her with an inventiveness that stole his breath.  What was I thinking trying to ravish my bride like a dog on heat? 
Truth was, he was not thinking, he did want to ravish her but he would wait.  He won't die.  In just a few hours he would take his time and indulgently consummate their marriage.

'That was the most wonderful ceremony,' Claudia smiled and hugged her daughter.  'Why didn't you call me?' She scolded, 'I would have helped you change?'

I thought that was my maid of honour's responsibility! 

Macy smiled uncomfortably, not trusting her voice to be polite or appreciative at this very second.  'Everybody's talking about what a handsome couple you two make,'
Claudia relayed proudly, as she undid the pins in Macy's hair.  The pins Twain had been busy undoing when they were rudely interrupted.

'And every girl is gushing about your gown,' Claudia carefully unzipped Macy's gown and packed it into the holder.  On and on and on Claudia went about the sermon, and the food and the décor and the efficient catering service as Macy changed. 

'Let's join the others,' Macy managed to effortlessly zip her own evening dress up. 

Macy walked out with the proud mum of the bride.  There were gasps of pleasure and smiles at the bride's return in a beautiful cocktail dress of white satin emphasizing her shapely legs.  It was simple and elegant.  Figure hugging, above the knee, highlighting her tiny waist. Her flat board tummy showed no evidence of a baby bump.

Her eyes immediately found Twain's broad shoulders.  It thrilled her to see Parker's hand protectively in Twain's.  Together they were greeting their wedding guests.  Macy was about to join Twain, when she was intercepted by Nicky.

'You're supposed to be my maid of honour,' Macy accused.

'Ouch!' she expelled in a hurt tone. 'I would have duly assisted with said duty,' Nicky laughed, 'but I gathered the groom wanted a private moment with his bride and then your mum was almost sprinting to get to you.  I tried Mace, believe me, to delay your mum, but my diversionary tactics were wasted on her,' Nicky bit on her lip naughtily.

Macy made a soft groaning sound, which Nicky found hilarious.

'I think your husband is trying to get your attention,' Nicky nudged Macy.

My husband...I love the sound of that.

Macy turned.  Their eyes found each other with an instinctive awareness that seemed to bind them together... more so now.  Macy smiled, her eyes trained on Twain as she made her way to him.  He was smiling.  His eyes admiring how graceful and exquisite she looked as she floated to where Twain and Parker stood.  

'Hi.' Macy linked her hand into Twain's.  Every nerve in her body tingled.  Desire engulfed her hot and dangerous.  If only her mother had not walked into that room.

'You look beautiful,' he complimented, pressing a kiss to her cheek.  His hand left hers and in a show of possession, curved around her tiny waist, drawing her closer to him.

'Sorry about ...  earlier,' she apologized in his ear.

'It will be all the more sweeter,' he murmured, his eyes held promise.

'Mum, I have to go,' Parker tugged her arm impatiently.

'Go!  Go where?'  She asked alarmed, looking across at Twain.
'Uncle Don, is taking me to the movies and he will drop me of in the morning so we can go on our honeymoon.'