Chapter 7

CHAPTER SEVEN

Macy was a bundle of nerves as Twain drove to the school. She could not speak. Infact she was petrified. What was going to happen when Twain and Parker came face to face? Will Twain finally see that Parker is his child? Would Parker see the resemblance?
And why on earth did Parker get into a fight? This was so not how I wanted Parker to meet his daddy!

Macy was loathe to even look in Twain's direction as he drove even though he seemed so calm, his strength was almost soothing. Thank heavens he was not asking a million questions. Infact he had not said a word since he'd reminded her to buckle up. Not that she needed the reminder. Macy was a law abiding, conscientious driver. Could she get Twain to wait in the car, whilst she dealt with the principal and Parker? Could she tell him to go back to the hospital? She would catch a cab back.

From the corner of his eye, Twain checked Macy out. Her eyes were focused straight ahead on the road. Her hands were clasped on her lap. Her knuckles, white as a sheet, clenched tightly together. Twain longed to reach out and lay his hands on hers...just to comfort her, but she seemed to have withdrawn into herself, consumed by her thoughts. Perhaps she was worried about her boy, wondering if he was badly injured. If only he could just stop the car, pull over, draw her into his arms and just embrace her. She would probably freak out; accuse him of being a pervert and most probably lash out at him again. Nobody would ever suspect she had a fiery temper, but he seemed to have a knack on just how to light her fuse, to his own detriment.

Twain smiled inwardly. He deserved it the last time, when she'd struck him across his face. He had been out of line. He had absolutely no right to judge Macy. It was ten years ago! After all he was no saint and for heaven's sake he had not been celibate since that one passionate, exhilarating night with her. Twain had to admit though, she was the best damn lover he'd had in all his life. How he wished he could have one more night with her... just once, to immerse himself inside her luscious, ripe, ___.

'You've passed the school!' Macy pointed to the left.

Twain cursed silently, checked the rear view mirror, braked and made a u -turn into the school driveway. It seemed a very upmarket school, with high security services. There was a boom gate, restricting unauthorized access.

'Oh!' Macy reached into her handbag and removed an access card. Thank heavens Twain had remembered her bag on the table. She had been in shock and had blindly just allowed Twain to guide her to his car.

'Here,' she handed it to him, just swipe it,' she pointed to the access control gate closer to Twain's window.

Twain nodded to the two security guards who suspiciously eyed the unfamiliar car. He found an empty parking spot and brought the car to a standstill. Before Macy could give voice to her worrying thoughts, Twain was out the car and coming around to assist her out.

'You ___ you could wait here. You don't need to come in,' she could not meet his eyes.

'I think you need some moral support hmm?' He smiled. 'I'm going in with you,' he stated matter of fact.

Macy inhaled heavily. She dragged her feet forward, towards the principal's office.

When Macy knocked on the principal's door, she found Parker sitting huddled on a chair in front of the principal. His head was bowed. His shirt was dishevelled out of his trousers, a button was lost on the shirt. Her heart went out to him, but she dare not show any compassion towards Parker just yet, not before she heard the principal's side of the story.

'Dr. Skye, good day,' the stern looking principal stood up. His grey hair was neatly combed to one side, his suit immaculate on his thin shoulders. The principal's eyes automatically shifted to Twain's commanding presence, the stern looked relaxed somewhat.