Chapter 15

When Macy arrived home at noon, she found Parker on the lounge floor, busy with his Xbox and a slab of chocolate.  She shook her head.

'I'm going to cut your allowance,' Macy walked in throwing her handbag on the counter.

'What have I done mum?  It's Saturday and I finished all my homework last night.'

'You eat far too many chocolates,' she dropped down next to Parker on the floor, and kissed his cheek.

Parker laughed.  'I didn't see you last night mum,' he looked up into her face.

'I know sweetheart. I was called to the hospital.  There was an accident; learners on a school bus.  I got home at about four in the morning.'

'Oh,' he looked sad.  'Are they ___ all okay.'

  'No fatalities,' she smiled.  'Just two very critical.  The others were kept overnight for observation.'

'I'm glad,' he picked up his console again.  'Are you going to lie down mum?'

'No,' she patted the back of his head absently.  'I did get some rest before I went in this morning.  Did you have some lunch Parker?'

'Grandma made me ham and tomato rolls.  It was yummy,' he licked his lips.

Macy smiled.  'Did you want to do something this afternoon?' She invited.

He shook his head.  'I just want to play cricket with Brooklyn.  I was waiting for you to come home,' he looked at her, awaiting her nod of approval.

'Sure,' she gave him the nod, suspecting he opted not to go out, so she could rest.  'So ___ I'll read a book or something in the patio, after I say hi to grandma.'

  Macy had been lounging with a paperback out in the patio, when she heard the doorbell.  She stepped inside, walked to the door and opened it.

     'Twain!  What are you doing here?'  She dragged her eyes away from his attractive face and very kissable lips.

He just stood staring at her.  She is so beautiful, he thought.  She was dressed in a chunky sweater and tight fitting denims, like a second skin on her shapely legs.  He wanted to ravish her.  They had unfinished business...

'I thought I told you not to come in to work,' his eyes met hers sternly.

Her eyes narrowed flagrantly.  'You might be my employer,' she hissed, 'but I don't need any special treatment, besides, I did rest before I went in this morning"...unlike you.  He needed the rest more than she did.

  She thought he'd be in bed.  He'd been in theatre all night and most of the morning.  He should be dead on his feet.  She looked up into his face.  He looked fresh, like he'd just showered.  He looked energetic and full of life.  He did not look like a man who had not slept in thirty six hours....still he looked so good.  Best she tear her eyes away before he discover her lusting after him.

'What you reading?'  He grinned, his eyes on the book in her hand.

'N__nothing important,' she hid the book behind her back.

It was a romance novel about an Arabian prince who was so much like Twain, tall, dark, handsome, powerful and oozing sex appeal.  The prince had fallen in love with a poor woman from the other side of the high society he lived in.  The prince had married his pauper and after a week of patiently enduring laborious ceremonial rituals, the prince was about to consummate his marriage.  Macy had just got to the interesting part .... when Twain had knocked on her door.

"'Nothing?'" he laughed, reaching for her book.

She went scarlet.  'Twain___ no!'  She took a step back, holding tightly onto the book.