Chapter 10

It was a very rare occasion for Macy to seek Twain out, and from the look in her eyes, her visit was not one of pleasure.

'Macy,' he stood up, his face a blank canvass.

She had difficulty trying to look serious when he was so damn attractive. All she wanted to do was drown in the depths of his sexy eyes. In fact she would like to ... kiss him.

'Macy?'

'It was you who was responsible for my bursary and employment here, wasn't it?' she accused, her piercing grey eyes blazing with anger.

He could not take credit for the bursary. After their passionate, exhilarating night of sex, he had wanted to do something for her. Before he left the country, he had asked the HR Manager to offer her employment in the family medical practice.

Twain admired that glittering look in her eyes when she was angry. She had so much spirit. How could one woman be blessed with so many attractive features? Beautiful eyes, sexy lips, slender legs...amazing body.

Ten years ago he had thought she'd worked in the kitchen at that bar. That was before Macy recently informed him, that her brother owned that pub. Before he left, he'd wanted to improve her economic position, little did he know that she was exceptionally bright and had a love for working with children. All he had wanted was to give her a steady job, any admin type of work that would allow her to have her evenings and weekends off, instead, the HR Manager, bless his soul had gone one better, looked at her results and thought she deserved a bursary and look how well she'd done for herself, notwithstanding the fact that she now seemed to be a single mother.

'Twain!' It was her turn to call him back to their conversation.

'From what I see, the benefit has been positive,' he could not keep the angry scorn from his voice. 'You have done well for yourself Macy, all things considered.'

'"All things considered!". Just what the hell is that supposed to mean?' She demanded.

He walked around his desk, his eyes shuttered. She swallowed nervously, slowly shifting backwards.

'What is the real reason, you came to my office Macy?' His voice was deliberately soft, his fingers lifted to brush against her cheek.

After all these years, her beautiful face still glistened like porcelain, ...her skin soft, like a new born baby's. They were staring into each other's eyes. Macy's eyes widened, she was tongue‑tied.

'Perhaps you've come to rekindle what we shared ten years ago,' he whispered huskily, his head lowering to kiss her. 'Do you have an urge to kiss me Dr. Skye?'

Would he ever understand a woman never, just had sex? Well not this woman. When she gave herself that first time, she gave her all to him, her first lover .... her only lover! 'You're mad!' She pushed him away and ran out of his office.

Macy heard his throaty laugh follow her as she shut the door. She was clutching her chest when Twain's secretary, Carla Gibbs, approached. She had not been there when Macy had stormed in. Carla stared at Macy questioningly. 'Can I help you, Dr. Macy?'

Macy released her breath. 'It's okay, thank you,' she meant to escape.

'Dr. Crawford is a very busy man, Dr. Skye,' she rebuked. 'Kindly make an appointment in future. Every female staff member seems to find reason to be in Dr. Crawford's office.'

Macy glared at Twain's secretary. The gall of the woman! And wasn't that exactly what Twain had accused her of as well? She regretted her impulsive gesture to storm into his office. But then it was only yesterday, when the HR Manager had let slip, of what Twain's role had been in her employment at the Crawford Medical Clinic.