thirteen.

Justin

It had been three days since the accident and nothing on Cassie's condition has changed yet. She was still unconciously lying on the hospital bed and getting artificially respirated since her lungs were injured badly.

I didn't dare to leave her side even though everyone told me to go home, eat and rest for a little. I didn't want to do that because I didn't want to leave her and I wanted to be on Cassie's side when she woke up or at least see her doing better through the days.

The first day the doctors had told me that I could stay the night and I'd stayed up all night, just looking at Cassie and praying for her to wake up. She had not really budged and nothing on her condition had changed. Dr Martin, who was responsible for Cassie, had said that it was normal that nothing changed because she was healing and that didn't just happen from one minute to another. I understood that totally but I also wanted her to open her eyes for me.

Will and the rest of the gang had joined me in the hospital, too, to see how Cassie was doing. Emilia had arrived a few hours later than the others and from the moment she had arrived and she had seen Cassie to the moment she had left she'd been crying. Emilia had been pretty shaken up about everything that had happend and she had told me a lot of times that she was scared; scared of losing her best friend. I got where she was coming from, I was scared of losing Cassie as well. Besides she had already lost a best friend months ago and she didn't want to lose another one.

One the second day I was with Cassie too all day. I had not felt like sleeping or eating or doing anything at all. Every now and then nurses had been coming into the room to look how Cassie was doing and if anything had changed but her condition was still the same as before, which was really frustrating.

During the day Will, Emilia, Lenny and Kyra had come through to check up on Cassie and on me as well, bringing me new clothes and food that I knew I wouldn't touch anyway. They kept telling me that what I was doing to my body was not healthy but I honestly didn't feel like doing anything.

I had called my parents, too, and I'd told them what was going on and they didn't waste any time to leave their house and come see me. They had stayed with me for hours and told me that everything was going to be okay and that I just had to believe that Cassie was going to be fine. I was so greatful for the love and support they were showing me. I really needed it more than they knew.

At that evening, when visiting times were over I had been told that I couldn't stay the night with Cassie and that I had to leave. I'd been beyond furious at that point because they knew damn well I wasn't going to leave Cassie's side, yet they tried everything to make me go. An argument with one nurse turned into one with three nurses and when they realized they couldn't handle me, they called one of the doctors that had been there. The doctor had tried to make me understand that they were just doing their job bla bla, you know how it goes but I wasn't having it. After almost having a fight with him and after a few threats later they had finally decided to let me stay the night.

Good thing Will was with me when that happend or else things would have gotten ugly that night. People shouldn't test my patience at the moment.

On day three, which was today, nothing much had changed either. I had tried to fall asleep like everyone wanted me to and I did but I wished I didn't because during that hour of sleep I got I had nightmares. Nightmares of losing my girl. I had woken up after that and couldn't fall asleep anymore so I just walked around the hospital room and waited for the time to pass.

I spend my time thinking about why Daniel had to follow her yet again. We had no idea who exactly was driving but I was certain that it had something to do with him. Nobody else had a motive to do anything to Cassie; at least not somebody I knew of. I had asked Will to look more into it and find out who was after her because I didn't want to leave Cassie but he had not found anything yet. I would confront Daniel myself but the bastard had not even the dignity to come and see his sister and he most likely knew that she was lying here. I had never been so fucking mad at him before.