twelve.

Emilia

My eyes were wide in total shock as I held onto my phone and I saw that the call with Cassie had ended. I couldn't really process what the hell was going on at the moment. One moment, we were both laughing over the phone and the next she was being followed and then I heard crashing sounds and glass shattering. I kept calling and calling her name but nothing came back and that's when I realized that the line went dead. Did I just hear how my best friend had an accident over the phone?

I panicked.

Everything inside me told me that something was so wrong. My heart started beating faster and my hands began to shake. I was scared, so damn scared that, after everything I had heard over the phone, something bad had happend to Cassie. I knew that she as driving fast to lose the person who was following her and if she really had a car accident, what if she was ...

No. I didn't want to let my thoughts go that far.

I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I was so shaken up and I couldn't think straight and I was way too far away to get something done from where I was. I needed to see Cassie, I needed to hear if she was alright or else I wouldn't be okay. I picked up the phone that was lying on the floor and tried to call her again, with hope that maybe she or somebody else, I didn't really care who, would pick up but my heart crushed when that didn't happen.

I rubbed my face with my shaky hands and took a few deep breath to calm myself a little. I needed to think rational now and come up with what to do next. I thought about calling an ambulance but what was I going to tell them? I had no idea where exactly Cassie was, she didn't even tell me where she was going because I never asked.

Justin. I had to call Justin. I had to let him know what was going on.

Going through my contacts, I searched for Justin's number and when I finally found it, I clicked on his name and called him. It was ringing and ringing but Justin didn't pick up. I paced back and forth my room impatiently and dialed him number again after it went to mailbox after the first time I called. The second time Justin still didn't answer. I was so frustrated because I needed him now more than ever and he was not fucking responding. I dialed his number again and I told myself to do that until he picked up. I had no idea what he was doing but he needed to stop.

I ran my hand through my hair and let out a frustrated groan when he was still not answering two times later. I went back to my contacts and looked for Will's number to call him instead. I knew that he was busy but maybe if he was that it was me calling he would answer. I was about to dial his number when my phone began ringing and Justin was calling. Fucking finally.

"Justin-" I began saying but I didn't get further than that because Justin interrupted me before I could even tell him what was going on.

"I swear Emilia, you better have a good reason for calling me because I'm in the middle of something," he spat over the phone, clearly pissed about the fact that I had spam called him but if he only knew.

"Justin listen ..." I began but stopped myself. I had no idea how I was going to tell him what happend. Just thinking about it got me all shaky again and I felt like throwing up. I didn't want to know his reaction. "I .."

"Emilia talk," Justin said, impatient with me. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and then I started talking like he wanted me to.

"We were on the phone, Cassie and I, and she was driving somewhere, I have no idea where but all of the sudden she said she was being followed by a shady black car. She told me to wait because she wanted to lose that person and I did as she said but then ..." I trailed off, biting down on my lip and closing my eyes again. I felt like I was being overdramatic but I was just really scared and terrified at this point. Just hearing that crash over the phone made me think of many things that might have happen and those things scared me.