four.

Cassie.

It was December 7th. My birthday.

I was usually always excited about this day and I always looked forward to it because all my life this day had been a happy day for me but this year I wasn't. Why? Simple. Because I was taken by my brother against my will and I was stuck in these boring grey four walls that I was supposed to call my bedroom with no signs of getting out of here anytime soon.

I had thought that after my conversation with Daniel last week he would finally find it in his heart to let me go but he didn't. I didn't even see him after he walked out of the door that day and I was curious to know what had happend and why he was completely ignoring me now.

What I knew for sure was that he had changed his mind about letting me out of here when I talked to him. I could even see it in his eyes, when I told him to walk out and he looked at him one last time, that he was sincerely sorry and I thought that next time he would come to see me he would tell me that I was free to go.

But of course it was not like I wanted it to be and things didn't go my way.

Something must have happend, I was sure about that because why else wouldn't he come to at least check up on me. If he wasn't going to come to let me out he would definitely come to get on my nerves because that was a talent he excelled at.

Nadja also didn't come to see me and that was a good thing because if she did, I know for sure that there would be another argument between us. I was in a really bitchy mood the last week and I had nobody to let it out on (don't count my pillow); I was just waiting for the right person to piss me off.

During the week someone always came to my room to bring me food but the boy always came in, gave me what I wanted and then left without exchanging a word with me, which gave me no time to go off at him.

Normally, if I was in a mood like this, Justin would always be there to handle me and listen. I would just let everything out, rant about how much I hated the world and everything on it and he would just look at me in admiration and just listen to what I had to say without interrupting me. Then he would just sweet talk me and let me see that everything wasn't that bad and give me reasons why I shouldn't act the way I was acting. He always knew how to handle me and what to say to make me feel better and it really pained me that he wasn't here with me.

Especially today, when he was the only person I actually wanted to spend my birthday with.

Justin had always been there on my birthday and Daniel too and in all honesty this day had been my most favorite day every single year.

When my parents were still alive they had come into my room in the morning of my birthday and had woken me up softly. Then, when I'd wake up and I'd seen them standing in my room they had started singing the birthday song to me in english first and then in spanish.

Mom had always carried a tray with breakfast for me and my dad had a rose in his hands that he'd passed to me after he'd kissed my forehead and had told me that he loved me and that he was proud to call me his daughter. Mom on the other hand had shed a tear or two and she's told me that I would grow up so fast but despite that I would always be her little baby girl.

My birthday mornings had always started off so good and my parents did that every year for twelve years. Until they couldn't do it anymore because fate had taken them away from me.

I remembered how sad I'd been a day before my thirtheenth birthday because I knew that the following day nobody would come and bring me breakfast or roses or sing to me. I'd crawled under the sheets that night and cried myself to sleep. But when I'd woken up the day after my brother had stood in my room with a tray in his hands and a rose as well. I'd been so happy that I'd almost tackled him to the ground when I'd hugged him.