You And Me: Didn't See That Coming.

EDITED JUNE 3RD 2018

Five months had went by and everything was unusually normal. I almost forgot that the world had fell to nothing at points. I still see Carl every once in a while, because he moved in with Tegan and Ryne moved in with me. I sometimes remember that everything Carl ever told  me about loving me was just a giant lie. It hurt to think about, but I tried not to.

"Babe." Ryne called out to me, snapping me from my thoughts.

"What?"

"What's that scar from?" Ryne pointed to the scar Dakota had given me whenever he stabbed me. I pulled my shirt down to cover it up because it was extremely ugly. "I really can't remember where it's from. Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering, but you're beautiful no matter what to me." Ryne smiled as he towered two feet over me. Carl was only inches taller than me from what I could remember, but Ryne was huge compared to me.

"I was stabbed by some asshole who tried to kill me, happy?" I rolled my eyes and tried to play it off like I wasn't slightly annoyed. "When you're with me, you'll never have to worry about that asshole or any assholes like him. Understand me?" 

I smiled, nodding my head.

I did feel very safe with Ryne because in these five months, he's done right by me. He was very protective of me on runs and always made sure I was as happy as I could be in a world like this. He loved Judith and she liked him very much.

I couldn't lie to myself, but I do miss Carl. Whenever I think about him, it hurts knowing he cheated on me. It still has not felt easier, because he was my first real true love. I experienced genuine heartbreak for the first time and not to be dramatic, but only honest. Heartbreak was worse than any physical pain I had ever felt before.

Ryne and I heard a knock at the door from Carol, letting us know that dinner was ready.

I loved dinner because food is amazing, but that meant the whole group would sit at one table. It was usually awkward for me because that's whenever I would see Carl.

The group finally laid off with the looks towards us four. They now were used to Carl and Tegan as a couple, as they were used to Ryne and I being a couple now.

Dinner surprisingly was never quiet, because we all always found something to talk about. 

Rick would usually talk about trips he used to take with Lori and Carl. Carol would talk about Sophia every now and then and I knew it wasn't easy for her, but all the times she talked about Sophia were happy. The Howards would talk about life before as well and sometimes it would be sad. 

"I think you're the most beautiful girl sitting at this table." Ryne whispered into my ear and that immediately planted a smile on my face. Tegan had seen and she smiled too, which was odd. I guess she didn't really hate me, she just wanted Carl.

Carl on the other hand couldn't take his eyes off of me whenever I wouldn't look his direction.

Once dinner was over, Carol had wanted me to help her with dishes. I normally always did that, but she liked asking because it gave her a sense of normality.

"You seem happy with Ryne." Carol smiled. "I am happy with him." I replied and she set a dish down. "You're protecting yourself, right?" 

"Carol, Ryne and I don't have sex or do anything for that matter." I laughed and she kissed my forehead. "That's my girl." 

Carol really treated me like her daughter and deep down I loved it. 

I walked to the living room and Ryne had walked down the stairs. "Are you taking watch tonight?"

"Yes and you are more than welcomed to stay up with your girlfriend." I smiled and he pulled me in by my waist. "I most certainly will do so, no worries." Ryne kissed me on the forehead and we both turned around to see Tegan and Carl standing in front of us.

"Shit, you guys scared me." I looked at the two of them and then back at Ryne.

"What are y'all doing here?" Ryne asked.

"We just wanted to take watch with you two, if that's okay?" Carl asked Ryne and he looked at me.

"I guess that's fine." I said and used the restroom really quick. Once I had come out I saw Tegan purposely trying to dangle Carl in front of me. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at how pathetic that was. She was rubbing his arms and laying her head on his chest and doing so obnoxiously. 

"How have you two been?" Tegan smiled and she was going to get under my skin, I already knew it.

Ryne whispered in my ear "I know she's annoying as shit, but just be nice."

"Why are you telling secrets, man?" Carl asked Ryne and I knew this probably wasn't going to end well. "What was that, Carl?" Ryne then got up and I tried to pull him back. "Ryne, quit!" I was not successful at calming him down.

The two of them stood chest to chest trying to intimidate one another. 

"Carl back off and Ryne literally please stop." I got between the two of them and shoved Carl away. I don't think anything that I would say or do would help the situation at all. "Did you really think that I liked you at all, Carl?" Ryne laughed sarcastically and finally others tried to give me a hand.

Daryl and Rick had entered the living room and grabbed Carl and Ryne back from one another. "Carl, quit!" Rick shouted at his son and tried to calm him down. "Keep your voice down! Y'all want to attract them things outside in here?" Daryl kept pulling at Ryne.

"I'll beat your son's ass, Rick! Get him away from me because I am this close." Ryne was genuinely too strong to stay held restrained by Daryl. "Come on then tough guy!" Carl antagonized Ryne and that only fueled them both

Mila and Lincoln had heard the two of them yelling from next door and made their way to the house. 

"Ryne, that's enough quit!" Lincoln had finally got a hold on Ryne. "What is going on?" Mila asked the two of them.

"Carl gives me those looks like I stole Ella from him whenever he's the asshole who cheated on her. Get out of here with all that!" Ryne flipped Carl off and shoved his dad off of him. "Ryne, let's go upstairs and cool off okay?" I tried to ease the situation a bit.

"Yeah, considering they are only arguing because you're a big ass cry baby." Tegan had finally spoke up and that just did it.

"Oh bitch." I smiled in a way that I'd never done so.

Ryne grabbed me and I shoved him completely off.

"If you weren't such a whore and stayed away from Carl whenever you clearly saw we were in a relationship, none of this would be happening. I suggest you take Carl and get out of this house, because it's taking everything in me not to drag you across this floor." I was now directly in her face and she didn't like that at all.

Tegan had cranked her arm back and drove her hand directly at my face. I took no time and immediately jumped on that girl. I was throwing punch after punch at her and I couldn't stop, I was fueled with anger.

"Let go of her hair!" Glenn tried pulling me from Tegan, but I sent my head back into his face, unintentionally. Ryne yanked me back and pulled me upstairs to my room. "Calm down, Ella!" He centered my face to his with his hands and I shoved him.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't let your sister get away with tha-

Ryne cut me off as he planted his lips on mine. "Stop talking." Ryne smiled and I shot one back.

"I'm sorry that had to happen, but just know I care about you more than anybody else in this group. Nobody will ever get in the way of that and I will never let you go." I had chills down my spine because as sweet as that sounded, that was almost concerning to think about.