You And Me: On The Road.

EDITED JUNE 2ND 2018  

Five months and about three days had went by since our group had left the prison. It was hard being on the road for that long. It was really no way of living, just getting by. As a group we all wanted to be safe and to be at peace in a place we could call our own. The good thing about being on the road was that there was never a supply shortage. 

"Come on, let's go." Daryl, Rick, and Glenn had walked out of the Walmart after they'd scoped the place out. Michonne, Carol, Carl and myself all followed inside the store. My daddy and Judith had stayed behind in the car. It was always so hard for my daddy because he still only had one leg.

"We split up in groups because the store is small enough." Rick said and we all nodded to Rick's plan. "Ella and I can look for baby stuff, and we'll meet right here once we're done." Carl said and Rick agreed. "Okay, you two get in trouble just holler."

"We will." I agreed.

"Everybody, keep an eye out for each other and keep room between. No guns, just keep it quiet. Anything you find can mean the difference between life and death." he whispered getting the point across, because he was right. With that we all split.

"Judith is really low on baby food, so that's priority." I told Carl, grabbing the enormous amount of baby food from the shelves. I looked at the sign above the next isle and one of the items read 'Feminine Hygiene'

 "I'm going to go and grab something from the next isle."

I grabbed three boxes of pads and placed them in my backpack. Carl gave me a funny look and I wanted to punch him. "What's with the look? You need some too?" I threw one of the sanitary pads at his forehead. "Stop it!" Carl laughed quietly and I gave him the middle finger.

"Maggie and I usually did these runs." Glenn muttered as he put can soups into his bag. Michonne and Carol both heard Glenn's saddening statement. Carol rested her hand on Glenn's shoulder, comforting him.

"Sweetheart." Carol said softly because she didn't like the fact he was beating himself up over it. He contionously beat himself up since the day my sister died. Michonne wasn't the comforting type, but she did feel bad. She just put her head down and continued walking in search of more supplies.

Carl was distracted with putting new clothes for himself into his duffle bag, which I saw as an opportunity. I quickly tip toed to the feminine hygiene section once more, looking around for the special item I was in need of. 

Once I had found what I needed, I slipped it into my backpack and turned to head over to Carl. For a split second I forgot that our group was not alone in this store. 

I was faced with a walker and it lunged forward at me. "Shit!" I said to myself and began to struggle with the walker. It was a very strong walker and I was a very weak girl compared to him. "Carl! Daryl!" I shouted and the walker shoved me into the shelves. I tried pulling out my knife, but my grip on it was not strong enough. 

It was now a shoving war with this unknown walker and it lunged at me with it's right hand, scratching me.