You And Me: New Faces

Edited on April 27th 2016

"Glenn." I said stopping him from going downstairs. He stopped and turned to me.
"Hey Ella, everything alright?" he asked me. I looked all around making sure nobody else was around. "Well, I really don't think there is any easy way to put this." I scratched the back of my head and looked all around to make sure nobody else was around us. "I'm kind of um, I'm pregnant." I spit out and his eyes became wide.

I really tried not to make eye contact with him after I told him my business. For two reasons, I was embarrassed about being pregnant for the second time and well, it's kind of awkward knowing that Glenn knows Carl and I have had sex.

"Ella, I meant I don't know what to say. It's just you remember what happened to Lor-" I cut him off. "I know that, Glenn. I was kind of there when it all went down." I reminded and he nodded his head. "Look, I need you to do me favor. If that's okay with you." I looked for his reassurance and he nodded his head.

"Let's keep this between us, please. Carl or anybody else for that matter can't know because I'm trusting you." I said. "Yeah Ella, sure anything. " he said looking around and nodding.

"If you can make a run for me. I really need you to make a run for me." I added and handed him a paper. He looked at it and his expression changed. He then immediately gave it back. "Ella, absolutely not." he said about to turn around.

"Glenn, please. I'd never ask for something so big before. I really need this. I'll go myself if I have to." I threatened and he stopped me. "No, no. Ella I'll go and get them." He gave in. "Thank you." I squeezed his shoulder and he went downstairs. He hasn't been the same since my sister passed away. I haven't been the same. None of us have.

"Hey." Carl said making me jump and he chuckled a bit. "Why so jumpy?" he added holding me. "My fault, sorry." I said, slightly shoving him and walking down the stairs. "Did I do something wrong?" he asked. "No, no you're fine. It's nothing, I just didn't sleep all too well. My head hurts and my back. My head." I mumbled a whole bunch of things, and that rubbed Carl the wrong way. "I'll get you some Advil." Carl suggested.

"I'm going out on a run, anybody need anything?" Glenn asked looking around at everybody. "Anybody wanting to change their mind?" he directed to me. It was painfully obvious because everybody looked at me. Glenn then walked out to start his run.

Thanks Glenn.

"Something else you're not telling me?" Carl asked snapping me out of my thoughts. I just shook my head. He didn't believe me. He was good at knowing me.

"Choices of dry cereal for breakfast or chips." Carol asked slightly cringing at our options. "Not really in the mood for anything, thank you though. I said walking back up to the room. Carl followed closely behind me. "Ella, you have to eat something, you're pregnant." he said kind of frustrated. "I'm just not hungry. What's wrong with that?" I asked getting a little aggravated. "Nothing." he said laying back on the bed.

I kind of ignored him and just played with Judith. I understand he's my boyfriend and he's just looking out for what's best for me, but I'm pregnant, not crazy.

I have a dad already, Carl didn't have to act like one.

Glenn had finally reached the little mini Mart that was a mile from the house. He took precautions as usual before he went inside. Glenn kept the doors the car unlocked and half open, having his flashlight and baseball bat out ready for whatever came his way. He slowly walked into the store, looking all around him and reached the isle of what I needed.

Once he grabbed what I requested he turned around and was yanked to the ground. His mouth was covered with a hand.

Glenn is taking forever and I'm kind of worried. I mean if he was killed, I'd feel like absolute crap since I was the one who told him to go. My tapping foot was catching Carl's attention. "What're you being all impatient over?" He smirked and kissed my cheek. "Glenn, I'm just a bit worried is all." I replied. "I hope he's okay." I added worried.