ch.16

My happiness was short lived, we all headed over to the window when we heard footsteps outside the house. It was the Volterri. They surrounded our house demand us to come out. " We need to talk, now." Alec demanded. "Stay here." Edward said as they followed each other out the door vampire speed. I watched from the window in silence.  I couldn't hear what they were saying but I could see their facial expressions, Alec was angry. He pointed towards an older man with long flowing hair and the obvious red eyes. The man stepped forward and touched Alec's shoulder. He said something that made Jasper, Edward, and Alec look around. Once their eyes found mine they all quickly looked away, except for Jasper. His red eyes stayed locked with mine until he was called by Alec. They continued talking until the Volterri retreated.  Alec ventures off towards the forest followed by Edward. The family rushed in and Jasper grabbed my hand and gave me a hug. As the rest of the family past I heard Rosalie whisper to Emmett "I don't know what all the fuss is about. She's not even that good looking. What makes her worthy of 3 men fighting over her?" She knew that I could hear her but didn't care. Maybe I was meant to hear her scornful words. Jasper and I head to his bedroom and we talk for hours and hours about countless things. But we settled on the topic of high school. "I stopped going to school in the 4th grade." he chuckled at that. 'What's so funny about that?' i questioned him though thought. His face became very serious. " I am so sorry. That's absolutely not funny, it's just I've repeated high school so many times. I just found that strange, kind of different." I was feeling a bit embarrassed. He must be be so much smarter than me. I felt an overwhelming sense of comfort and Jasper rubbed my shoulders urging me to continue. " I was usually a few semesters behind because there was a really nice girl living at the orphanage with me. Her name was Sarah, well I guess it still is. She would bring home two copies of her work, and when her work was graded she would slide it under my door. And at the end of the year, instead of throwing away all of her schoolwork and books she would give them to me. I was almost caught up to her...but, I'm here now." He looked at me with a strange and gave me a hug. " Well I promise you, once school starts up  you will not be without help. Any time you need help, I will be there." We laid off the topic for the time being. We laid down on his couch in each others arms for a few hours. 

Edward's P.O.V.

   Marcus lied. He said Bella didn't have a mate but his mind screamed different. Alec could tell also because he led me to the forest while his family retreated. "He's lieing, right?" Alec questioned. "Definitely. His mind didn't entail who her mate is but it isn't you or myself.  So, in my mind, the only person left is Jasper. And I think Bella knows that too." Alec stood quietly for a moment. I could hear his thoughts, they were all over the place. 'Maybe we can tell her... no. She won't be able to tell us differently if i get Chelsea again. No, that faded last time I tried it.' I interrupted his thoughts before i could hear anything else to make me angry. " I say we get rid of the competition." I said abruptly. He looked at me with a slight grin. "My thoughts exactly." he replied. " I say we get them apart, maybe stage a fight, or have a girls' day out for Bella and the girls. Then, we get Jasper alone, away from the family, and kill him." I said awaiting his thoughts. "Without him... she'll have to choose one of us." Alec responded. The plan was set, kill Jasper and get the girl. All I have to do is make sure I'm a better candidate than Alec.

Alice's P.O.V. 

   While sitting in mine and Edward's bedroom I had a vision, Edward and Alec planned to kill Jasper. How could they? Jasper is family, they'd destroy us all, everything we'd worked for, to have a girl. I just don't understand. I contemplated running to the den and announcing their plans, to try and protect Jasper. I decided against it and sat back down. I tried to get my emotions in check as to not stir up Jasper's abilities. 'Maybe without him Bella will leave. Then I can get my Edward back.' I thought. I'll just let things play out until I know exactly what to do.