Chapter Seventeen

Celeste's POV'
It has been days since the explosion happened and I still felt very tense. I don't know why. It just didn't feel right. It's as if something was up. I can't help but feel an itch at the back of my mind, that everything is wrong and it doesn't feel right, at all.

As I was walking through the hallways of the university, I can't help but think, what if I didn't go to that party, what if I didn't even know Stacie or anyone else I was close with before. Would my life be different? Would I've been in this position?

But then I realized, I wouldn't have had those awesome and beautiful memories. Sometimes meeting other people whom you regretted isn't such a bad thing. It serves as a lesson, which most people fail to see, and make them think it was a curse or a huge mistake they've done. A mistake they will forever regret.

A mistake is like a beam of light that soon blasts into a beautiful spectrum of light and colors. And in those colors comes new opportunities we cannot just pass on. Opportunities we least expected.

But how can people get to that point when they immediately give up before that split second when the light was about to blast into an array of colors.

I wanted to fix all that's happening, so I headed home to think this all through. Only to arrive and see a huge mess on my porch and when I opened the door I notice the same paper that was used to send me all the letters before. And now it has another message. "Hickory dickory dock, the girl ran off the clock. The clock ticked 1 and the girl was gone." I immediately knew what the letter meant. I ran towards one of our cars and drove to the woods where Isabel took me.

When I arrived at the forest, I ran through the woods and finally, a cabin came into my view. I ran towards the cabin knowing that one of my friends before, could be dead. I banged the door and when no one answered, I took a bobby pin from my hair and started picking the lock. When the door finally unlocked, I opened the door without any second thoughts. I searched the surrounding of the cabin frantically for any signs of Isabel. But there were none. I kept searching, and I happen to stumble on blood trails.

I don't know what to think of this. Could it be that Isabel died? Is she dead because she let me go? Who killed her? Who sent me all those messages?

All these questions won't get answered, if I won't take action. I don't know what went into my mind, but I called Max. Fortunately, he picked up after the first 2 rings. I was expecting I would just end up on his voicemail.

"Max, I need help." I told him before anything else. "Wait. Where are you?" He asked. "I'm at Isabel's cabin. The next road after the treehouse." I said, trying to be as specific as possible, but if you're in a forest there are no directions on where you are. You just have to memorize where you should go. "I'm on my way." He replied and ended the call.

I don't know why, but maybe because of anger I threw everything I saw on my way. I screamed and broke everything I saw. I trashed the entire area and I'm not even thinking twice of what I was doing. I suddenly cried and I don't know why. I guess it was because I knew that my life will never go back to being normal. I was mad because of all the secrets my parents hid from me. All the lies and now I can't even decipher a lie from the truth because my entire life was a lie. Nothing but lies. Did my parents even love me?

Suddenly, someone held me back when I was about to throw something. Then the person hugged me after. "Enough please, Les." A familiar voice said. "Luis?" I asked. "Yes, it's me. Now calm down Les." He said. "Calm down? How can I possibly calm down when my entire life was just a lie? When everything I thought that was the truth was just a lie? Huh? Tell me!" I screamed. "Les. I don't know what you're talking about, but I know it's hard for you. All I can say is I am always here for you Les. No matter what happens." He reassured. "I can't even decipher the truth from the lies." I cried. I just kept crying until I felt like my lungs bursted. "Les... I know you're tired. I should bring you home now. That's enough crying for one day." He said.

I slowly felt my eyes close and I just let myself fall into the dark abyss of sleep. I let myself relax and shake all the horrible thoughts away, because I know that I am in the safe hands of Luis.

~~~~
Max's POV'

When I finally found the place Les told me to go to, I saw someone hugging her. And judging from how the guy looks at the back, it must be Luis. I can't believe I let myself hope again. I can't believe that I actually thought I had a chance with Les again. I just ran back to my car and drove to the only place where I knew no one can hurt me.

When I arrived, I ran to the cliff and screamed as loud as I can. I unleashed all my anger, pain, and sufferings. I kept screaming till I felt out of breath. I fell on the ground and just cried. I never cried for anyone, ever, other than my mom and dad. I guess Les is someone special to me. I guess she did change me a bit. And that's why I have to fight for her. I stood up and went to the treehouse. I spent the night at the treehouse.

I'll go to Celeste's home tomorrow and I promise that I will get her this time around.

~~~~
A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! I updated! Mom are you proud of me??? Anyway, I am so hyped because the writer side of me is back!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to check out my new book "Short Stories". It's where I post some of the scenes that I imagine, but I cannot turn into an actual book. I posted one short story so far. I hope you guys read it. If you do. Then I love you! LOL. But seriously, don't forget to leave a vote, comment, and follow me if you haven't already.

Bye!!!