Chapter Sixteen

???'s POV'

What the hell was Isabel thinking?! She nearly ruined our plan! I swear if she does that again, I will kill her...

I don't want anyone to ruin this. I will kill anyone who's in my way.

I could've sworn she was still on my side before she brought Celeste on the summerhouse.

But now that she is starting to doubt me and my plan, she will feel my wrath and vengeance. She will see the real demon within me, because I swore to her that I will avenge her because of what Celeste has done to us.

I will do whatever it takes to finish my plan. I don't care if I die because of it, but I will finish her. I will!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celeste's POV'

I was busy thinking about what is happening with my life to even notice someone throwing stones at my window. What the hell?! Who in their right mind throws stones in someone's house with CCTV cameras all over the place and is trying to wake up someone in the middle of the night?

I walked towards my window and opened it to check who it was. I didn't see anyone. Oh my God. Why is this happening to me?!

I was about to go down and tell my parents, I heard my parents call me. Speaking of the devil.

"I'm coming, wait!" I shouted back.

I went downstairs and check for a second to see who it was. I noticed a guy wearing hoodie. I can't exactly see his facial features due to the fact that the hoodie is covering his face.

"Oh Celeste is here. I'll leave you two to talk." My dad said, notifying me that they noticed my presence.

"Thank you sir." The guy said, and that's when I knew who he was. Just from his voice. I already recognize it. It's -

"Hey Les." Max said, and smiled.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were mad at me because of -" I was cut off mid sentence.

"I know that and I still am, but I can't bare the thought of not telling you the truth and leave you alone in grave danger." He said and that's when his face became serious.

"Oookay? What is it you want to tell me?" I asked starting to worry.

"Okay, do you know who's texting you all those messages and why that person is texting you all those messages?" He asked.

"I have no idea who's texting me and why the heck that Pearson is texting me." I answered and he sighed.

"Okay, I'm the one who's been texting you the entire time." He said.

"Wait what? Why would you do that?" I asked.

"This is where it gets complicated. At first, it was just for fun and I just wanted to mess around with you, but then there's this guy who caught me texting you once. He told me, if I would like to do him a favor, so he can help me find this girl I met, when I was a kid. He told me he knew what happened in my past and he said he could help me. You see, I got carried away easily by my emotions. I loved that girl and we promised to never ever leave each other until we grow up, and I guess promises are meant to be broken, so she left me. And of course being the stubborn self that I am, I still kept looking for her no matter how painful it was everyday for me to see people who are so in love with each other and wish she was right beside me. It wasn't easy at all, so I did what he said. I never knew that it was gonna lead to this point where people's lives were in danger. I can't believe he easily manipulated me. I'm truly and deeply sorry Les. I am so so sorry..." He explained and he mustn't have realized he was already crying. He has never been this vulnerable.

"And who exactly is this person you're talking about?" I asked, but he just stared at the wall.

"Max? Max?" I kept repeating, yet he still didn't reply.

"Max! Snap out of it!" I shouted.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry Les." He only said.

"Stop saying sorry! Damn it! If you really want to help me then stop beating around the bush and get on with it!" I replied.

"I can't tell you. He will kill me if do that." He said.

"Who is he?!" I shouted again.

"You don't know him Les. You haven't met him since the day you left them, but what I do know is that he won't let anything get in his way. He will kill anyone who stops him and I assure you that." He said.

"What makes you say so. You don't have any proof." I said.

"Remember Clementine?" He asked. Shit... Please tell me nothing bad happened to her. Please tell me I didn't bring her into this mess.

"Oh God... Please tell me what I'm assuming about what happened to her is wrong." I said.

"Sh-she was k-killed by him..." he replied.

"No no no.... Why did I bring her into this mess. This is all my fault... This is all my fault." I muttered. After that, I couldn't stop myself from breaking down.

"It's okay. Don't blame yourself. She brought herself into this mess, since the time she went with you to that party." He said trying to comfort me.

"No! It's not okay! She was the only friend I could trust! All my friends left me! Even you, so stop telling me that everything will be fine because nothing that is happening is okay! You have no idea how tired I am, knowing that I once had a normal life until you and Stacie got together! Okay?! Because my life is now a huge pile of uncertainty and confusion! I am on the brink of a treacherous disaster and if I'm not careful enough all my supposed secrets will be exposed and everyone will die! You have no idea how confused I am! I can't even imagine how I had a normal life before , after everything that's been happening, because now? I have a screwed past that I can barely remember and a screwed up present that I don't even have any idea as to how I'll fix it!" I shouted until my voice became hoarse.

"Now of you will not tell me who the fuck is the person who has been making my life a living hell, then why did you even bother to tell me all of these informations if I have no idea who I'm against?" I said a bit more calmly.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'll tell you who it is already. But promise me that you will not tell anyone who he is." He stated.

"I promise okay now tell me!" I replied.

"It's-" He got cut as a loud explosion and a bullet made it's way, breaking the window, to his chest.

"Max no!!!!!" I screamed and fell on my knees catching him. I heard my parents go down the stairs and stopped midway as everything around them processed.

"Max stay with me please! Stick with me! Don't ever leave me please! I love you Max! Please don't leave me." I cried and screamed until my voice got hoarser that I can barely say anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Weeewww!!! That was intense, wasn't it? Sorry for the lack of updates... I am so so sorryyyy!!! I swear I had the worst few weeks because we had our exam week A.K.A. HELL WEEK. And it was not fun at all... Srsly. Also if you haven't noticed already this chapter is unedited because I am dumb that way. Also I know it's Christmas, but I love depressing stories and chapters so deal with it.

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to leave a vote, comment, and follow me if you haven't already and I'll catch y'all in my next update!

Happy Holidays!

Lots of love,
TreacherousNightmare xoxo <3