Chapter 31

.

- Blue -

.

.

Dinner wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, when Harry left to check his phone, Marie and I talked about girl things. Like boys and how it really is making a living.

Small talk wasn't what I expected but if its the thing that'll get us through the night then I'll go on small talking for as long as it takes.

My eyes flickered to the clock once everyone had finished dinner. Emma and Tyler were done, I could tell it out seeing that they were already starting to play with their food.

"I'll help you clean up.'' Mom smiled, already at her feet before I could turn her offer down.

"Oh you don't have to." I shook my head, but she waved me off.

"I insist, it's the least I could do while I'm here."

"You two want to watch tv or go upstairs to go to bed?" I asked, standing between them as I ruffled their hair playfully.

"Watch tv." Tyler said as Emma nodded in agreement.

It was about an hour 'til their bed time which was 9PM, so I guess I could let it slide.

"Go on." I nudged them as they grinned at me.

I still felt like I was still seeing double everytime I looked at them, that's never really changed.

Once they ran off, Marie and I started to collect all the empty plates together.

"So are you working?" She asked me.

"Oh, no." I shook my head. "About that, I put my whole career on pause because I had to stay here with the kids. But since Harry's kind of stuck here with me, then maybe I'll check in on that."

"What were you in college for?"

"I took a law course but also a nurse course it was difficult but I managed it, you know?" I smiled as we took the plates to the sink.

"Really? Wow.'' She chuckled. "I would have never gotten to do that. I was an art major in college but clearly that got me nowhere in the financial department." She shook her head.

I shrugged. "I have this really good friend who's in fashion design, now she works runway shows and has her own clothing line. She's pretty amazing." I chuckled.

Hannah would be proud of me, putting in a good word for her.

"She must do a lot of travelling then, huh?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I think she's on a small break now though."

Remembering it actually, it was a problem for Niall and Hannah in the beginning. The whole distance thing.

It's clearly the epitome of ruined relationships.

Remembering the five years I lasted without Harry was horrid.

Pushing it to the back of my thoughts, I sighed.

As I turned on the faucet to wash the plates Marie insisted she'd dry and put them back into the cabinet.

The silence continues, nothing but the tv in the background playing some cartoons and the water running.

"Harry is.. An interesting man." She commented, a small smile on her face.

"He is? He is." I agreed with myself, probably sounding really stupid.

"Does he treat you right?" She slightly nudged me.