Chapter 20

A/N:

Baby Tyler's pov here ahhh

- BritishBums xox

_________________________________
.

- Tyler -

"Hello?" I spoke, walking around the empty place. The hallway was empty too. Where is everyone?..

"Mom? Mom I'm here..Dad?" I called out, but no one talked.

I was passing a room, that is until I found my own body, and my sister in the bed beside mine.. What is happening?

Staring in confusion, mom was asleep beside my bed, holding onto my hand.

"Mom, I'm right here. Why can't you see me?" I felt tears in my eyes. Wiping them away, I watched in sadness. "Emma?"

"Hey, buddy." Someone said behind me, a hand on my shoulder.

Turning around, I found a guy with dark hair and green eyes as he smiled at me.

"Who are you? And why am I here?" I sighed. "I'm scared.."

He nods. "It's okay, Tyler.. It's nice to finally meet you though. I'm Tyler."

.

"You were mom's friend? Why are you here?" I asked as we both walked down the hallway. I looked up at him, he didn't look scared.. He looked almost happy.

"Yeah, I was your mom's friend. She was the nicest person, ever. Well when I met her, she was interesting." He said, making me nod even though I didn't really understand.

"Oh. How did you meet her?"

"I was a taxi driver, drove around everywhere." He chuckled. "Until I found your mom crying in the backseat of my car and telling me to drive her somewhere. I can't even remember, but.. I knew I met someone I'd care about for a long time, from that moment on."

"Then why are you here? Why can't they see us?"

There was a silence as I just waited for the answer. It made me even more scared, just waiting..

"You've just gotta hold on, little guy." He nods. "They can see you again, if you just hold on. Don't leave them, alright?"

"I-I won't. They're my family."

"They are."

"What about you? Are you going to stay with me because mom might miss you!"

He smiled weakly, staring down at his hands. A tear left his eyes as he glances down at me. "I miss her too. But, I've let go after a long time now, little Tyler. I came back here, just to tell you.. You can't let go, like I did. There's still a chance you can go back."

I closed my eyes, trying to think. "A-Are you dead?"

"Dead, but still alive." He shrugged. "It's amazing, up there you know? Bright skies, clouds.. Just peace all over. It's so beautiful."

"Heaven?" I gasped in surprise.

"Yep, the big H." He chuckled. "It's great up there, but it isn't your time to go, remember that."

"I know. But maybe I just wanna see it.'' I mumbled in thought.

"Someday, you will. Not today though." He says.

"So your name is Tyler too." I thought, as he smiled.

"Your mom named you after me."

"Oh. You must be a really good friend of hers then, right?"

"Yeah.. Yeah I really was, kiddo."

.

"You know, maybe dying wasn't so bad. It didn't hurt at all."

"I'm not scared anymore." I tell him.

"It's nothing you should be afraid about. Everyone is just scared of the unknown sometimes."

"How does it feel? You know..To go up to heaven?"

"It's like you're being lifted.. Both you, and your soul. It's like all the pain, and everything goes away." He tells me, leaning on the wall.

"I want to come with you. I wanna see." I say as he shakes his head.

"Like I told you, someday. But you've got your mom, dad, and sister to come home to, kid. You can't leave just yet."

I sighed. "You're right. I need to stay."

He ruffled my hair playfully as I laugh a little.

"Tell your mom I said hi, okay? Tell her I miss her too."

"I will. She would love to hear from you."

"Yeah." He smiled. "Tell her I'm here when she needs me, always."

"She'll be there for you too. Mom never leaves someone she cares about behind." I shake my head.

A bright light shined from the other side of us as I stared at it. "Tyler?"

"Yeah?" He looks down at me.

I just stare at him and then back at the light.

"Well, that's my cue.'' He nodded.

"No..No don't leave yet. I don't know how to get back, what if I-I can't?"

"You can." His hands were on my shoulders. "You've just got to believe you can."

"Okay." I whispered, nodding. "Thank you.. Th-thank you so much."

"Don't mention it." He smiled. "Bye, Tyler."

"Bye." I called as I watched him walk to the light.

He turned around and waved at me once more before he was gone, and so was the light.

"I'm coming, mom.. Just wait." I whispered, closing my eyes.

.

- Blue -

.

I felt myself slowly wake from my slumber as I felt something move under my fingers.

My eyes fluttered open as I sighed. A hand had slowly moved on top of mine, as I looked up.

I gasped, my lips parting. "Tyler. Oh my god, Tyler, you're okay baby, you're going to be okay." I cried.

"Doctor! Oh my god, he's awake!"

.