If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 34 [Here Without You]

All the miles that separate/Disappear now when I'm dreamin' of your face/I'm here without you baby/But you're still on my lonely mind/I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time/I'm here without you baby/But you're still with me in my dreams/And tonight, there's only you and me~3 Doors Down - Here Without You

I awoke with a startled gasp and jolt to my body, I felt fresher and more comforted as I was hit with a startle. It was a bizarre feeling within me but I felt refreshed and rejuvenated as if it was something particular that awoke me. Based on pure instincts and a feeling within me that whispered to me I reached out and over and ran my hands along the spot next to me in my bed.

It was still warm.

Flinging up in my bed I was jolt harshly with a desire that shot low and harsh to my chest, I felt as if my body had stumbled slightly more backwards, as if I had hit a brick wall. I knew what I needed, my inner self craved with such a burning intensity that I felt my skin to itch and tremble with an ache I couldn’t cure.

Yet I knew what would cure it.

Scrambling out of my bed I made for a dash towards the lounge room, my entire body shoved aside the weakened and fragile state of my body and moved on as it was hit with pure longing, wanting. Walking at a brisk pace in still my limited and scarce clothing I made my way to the lounge room, my breath held with pure certainty and determination as I walked with such certainty.

Walking into the lounge I was met by Amber and Adam sitting on the lounges with a purely distraught Amber who was huddled up into the arms of Adam as they spoke in soft whispers. I noted in the back of my mind Amber’s red and glistening raw eyes and how her body curled in on herself.

Yet I didn’t care, I didn’t care in the slightest of her guilt or how bad she felt. In fact I didn’t even care about the fact that I nearly died from Amber’s hands beforehand, I truly and utterly just didn’t care. There was something else that was of much more higher importance for me.

Seeing me walk into the room Amber’s eye grew as she stood up in a flash, following Amber’s gaze Adam also stood up quickly, scrambling to his feet. Amber opened her mouth to speak with a rich sense of need within her.

I held out my hands to stop her “Don’t Amber, its fine. We’ll figure it out later.” I said quick and sharp. “I just want one thing,” I said straight and blunt, my eyes blazing with pure certainty, with or without her help I wasn’t going to get what I wanted, the fire blazing within me was taking on a harshness of pure concentration, I was captivate and dead set on it, like a void or black hole.

“Anything.” Amber breathed as she ran the back of her wrist roughly over her cheek.

“Give me more of that tea of yours.”

I was met by pure still silence.

“W-w-what?” Amber spluttered and I watched Adam’s eyes grow.

“That special tea of yours, can I have some more, please.” I said my lips quirking up at that very moment with a faint smile.

She looked at me bewildered, as if it was some sick joke and she was just waiting for me to catch her out and scream and burst. I could see as her mind milled over, touching on all possibilities and sorting through the best road to take with this. Finally finding what she wanted she sighed shaking her head sadly “I can’t Tanze.” She whispered as she looked down.

I frowned “Why? I'm asking this time, this time I'm giving you permission.” I said curtly, as I watched Amber noticeably recoil at my words as if it was as harsh as a whip.

She shook her head “Tanze I-…..” she trailed off sighing. “I can’t, I don’t regret my previous actions in giving you the tea but I will respect the wishes of those who desire it.” She said honestly, looking me right in the eyes.