If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 29 [Taking Over Me]

I'll give up everything just to find you/I have to be with you, to live, to breathe/You're taking over me~Evanescence - Taking Over Me

I screamed my back arching as I panted against the sensations. “Oh god!” I cried sweating as I spasmed in the sheets.

“Shhh, its okay I'm here.” A voice cooed brushing the sweat from my face with a cool cloth.

“Amber?” I croaked her touch repressing my agonized screams.

“I'm here sweetie, Adam and I are here.” She cooed.

Only Adam and Amber, the absence of my supposed soul mate clear. Where the hell was he? Did he seriously not want to be in reach of me at all? A sane part of my logic reminded me that there was bound to be a reasonable explanation, maybe it truly was a bad thing he could smell it. However I was too absorbed in the thrumming emptiness within me that I couldn’t even be considerate, I was just mad. Besides I was stuck with the two people I didn’t want to be with let alone having to talk to. If there was a god he obviously hated me with a passion.

Adam crouched beside the bed besides Amber his face contorted with worry, pain, regret and caution. “Are you still mad at me?” he whispered.

“Yes.” I gritted out through clenched teeth another thrashing running through me beyond my control.

“I'm sorry Tanze, I truly am. I never told you because I couldn’t; you know the fantasy world’s laws in relation to humans.”

My back arched and I bit on my fist holding back my screams, the screams now muffled. The pain as if someone had a hot metal post and was drawing it in and out of me torturously slowly as it scrapped along my flesh with a singe of white heat.

“You’re going to draw blood!” Amber objected.

I spat out the metallic taste of my blood “I don’t care!” I growled my nails digging now into my shoulders as I tried with all my will to repress all agonized sounds I wanted to make. I was sick of being weak.

“How come you know then?” I demanded in a pant to Adam. “How long have you known of their world?” I demanded questions consuming just like the anger and pain within me did also. It wasn’t the best time to demand answers but screw it, I deserved them and I wanted them right now.

“I’ve known before we started dating.” He said slowly.

“WHAT?!” I screamed beyond bad and angry, that was over three years ago! I thrashed for a while and in the end Amber had to pin me down, the spasm lasting for over two minutes or even five. I panted heavily my lungs burning as Amber rid of more sweat with the sensual washer’s touch.

“We’re soul mates.” Adam explained a mixture of emotions in his voice; pride, love, caution, worry and fear. Fear of me being more mad, which he should be because I was beyond mad now.

“How?!” I snapped. “Since when?!” I shot another question out as fast and harsh as a whip.

“Since the day we met and we locked eyes.” He said his voice almost dreamy, if it was in different circumstances I would have laughed and teased him. Instead tough I narrowed my eyes at him not believing him in the slightest; I was the first soul mate in over hundreds of years, well Will and I.

I couldn’t believe that and Amber saw it which made her continue on to explain. “They’ve been….well let’s just say the entire fantasy world or the majority have had connections to certain people, a strong attachment. They believed it was just to do with the fact that they were involved in a world with magic. So it was believed it was just a smaller example of soul mates with no proof. No one mentioned it or spoke about it; I mean there was no evidence. It was just what they gathered as love. Recently though around the period of now the evidence became….stronger and a lot of people freaked by it, especially those that felt a connection to humans. So in response they kept it hidden, a secret and in return there was a huge flux of our world that turned their back on their world so they could live in the human world as so called “normal” and all. We don’t know if all told their partners the truth but if they did they’ve kept themselves hidden and detached from our world.” Amber explained softly.