Chapter 26

Sitting across a table from Nicolas is a distraction all in itself. Imagine how much more distracting it is to have him staring straight at you unblinkingly and with the smallest of smiles on his lips. I want to--wanted to ask ever since we were seated in this private corner of the near empty restaurant what it was that had him looking at me that way but I thought better of it. He said we needed to talk and I don't want to waste a minute of this time on anything other than the important stuff.

For the most part, nothing has been said. I've tried to scan over the menu at times to at least pinpoint something that sounds appealing so when our server returns, she can be on her way to allow us the privacy we need to talk. Each time I looked up from it, I found deep brown eyes narrowed on me and didn't falter when I realized he was looking.

Trying to ignore him isn't easier either. While I looked away I felt his eyes on me, peeling away each and every layer of my clothing with his eyes and in my mind, wished it was his hands. At that thought, I pulled my lips inward to bite down on them and avoid a smile.

"Am I making you nervous, Querida?" I'm sure he saw me shiver as he spoke. I couldn't help it and didn't try to stop it. His voice does things to me and if I didn't know any better, I'd swear he knew it.

"Not at all." I looked up at him and answered as best I could without my voice giving away the small traces of arousal in me. "As many times as we've kissed in the last couple of days, I'd say we're beyond the point of nerves. I am curious though." Folding up the menu I dropped it on the table in front of me, meeting his gaze head on. "You called me--"

What I believed to be a smile at first actually turned into one. Once again I was drawn to the beauty of it even with the obvious points of his fangs. "Querida. Si, I have been calling you that for some time now." All I gave was a curious expression to which he smiled again, "You're very cute when you are confused."

"Is that why you're keeping me in the dark?" The tone of my voice was neither accusing, bitter, or angry but just as curious as the look I suppose is still on my face. For some reason though, the smile he held fell into a serious expression that instantly took me from comfortable in his presence to worried.

"It is not my intention to keep you in the dark. The circumstances surrounding the reason why you don't remember our first meeting are simply made up of events that I am certain you will not be pleased with."

I've seen enough vampire shows no matter how corny to kind of generate an idea of what he means. If there was a first meeting and I have no memory of it at all, there has to be a reason that was sadly displayed on those shows.

"You did that True Blood glamoring thing on me?" I asked without a single care that I may sound stupid to him. It surprised me when the left corner of his lips turned up into sort of a smile that was even more clear in his eyes.

"I have absolutely no clue what True Blood is. Enlighten me." He scooted his chair a little closer, leaning against the table with his arm resting upon it.

"Well," I slid in a little closer as well, nervously pushing my hair out of my face, "it's a show with these hot vampires...well one hot vampire in my opinion that can't seem to do shit on their own without this human fairy hybrid and there is also a really sexy wolf named Alcide but anyway...they do this thing called glamoring where they look people in their eyes, take away whatever memories they want and even make them do things." The whole time I was rambling like an excited teenager. The show is a bit much at times but I like the idea of all that male candy in one spot. When I remembered I was there with my own piece of sexy man candy I turned to him noting his amusement and everything turned serious. "Did you take my memory away and make me do things?"