Chapter 6: Going out

Ryaka's POV

The next day...

"Yawwwwn!" Ryaka stretched out her hands as she woke up and suddenly felt a fur on her side.

"Eh? Oh, good morning Karupin!" She smiled as she cuddled the cat. "So you slept here last night huh? Did you leave Ryoma-kun alone?" Karupin just purred.

"Oh right. Today we're going out with the Seigaku team. I must get ready." Ryaka got up and went straight to take a shower. After bath, she changed into a white comfortable dress. She also applied some eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. Pleased with her looks, she grabbed her phone and sunglasses then went downstairs.

"Good morning everyone!" Ryaka greeted as everyone except Ryoma is already on the dining table. "Eh? Chibisuke isn't up yet?" she asked.

"The brat probably over slept again. Are you going out today Rye-chan?" Ryoga asked.

"Hai. Me and Ryoma-kun are going out with the Seigaku regulars today. They offered to show me around Tokyo. I haven't been here since I was a kid so I agreed. I'll go check on him." Ryaka went back upstairs and headed to Ryoma's room.

She sat on his bed and looked at the adoring face of the sleeping Ryoma. 'Chibisuke, you really have grown up a lot haven't you? You used to be so chubby and small, well not that you're tall now anyways. Hihi' Ryaka thought to herself. She took Karupin and placed him on Ryoma's face. Karupin licked him.

"Mmmmmm. Karupin stop it. Mmmmmm." Ryoma sleepily said.

"Eh Chibisuke, wake up!" Ryaka piched his nose.

"Huh? Wha---EH?! So you're really here nee-chan??? I thought that was all a dream!" Ryoma immediately got up and hugged his sister. "I'm glad its all true nee-chan. I'm glad you're here."

Ryaka smiled and messed his hair. "I'm not going away anymore baby brother. Now get up and get ready, we have plans today remember?"

"Tsch. It's because of Fuji-senpai. I could take you anywhere by myself." Ryoma pouted. He seems to always act like the kid he is whenever he's with Ryaka unlike his usual cool self.

"Teehee. C'mon now. I'll wait for you down stairs okay?" Ryaka got up and went to have breakfast.

----

"Say Rye-chan, are you sure with this decision?" Ryoga asked her while they're waiting for Ryoma.

"Yeah, I have been thinking about it a lot for a long time now, especially when you went back here. Besides, I wanted to use my knowledge on training tennis athletes." Ryaka calmly smiled.

"Why don't you become a player instead? Isn't it more fun?"

"Heh. You know my heart condition can't take it. So I'd rather be on the sidelines."

"If that's what you want. Honestly, I'm just glad you came here and left that kind of world you used to live in."

"Me too Ryoga-nii, me too."

The two sat in silence as they watch the gentle breeze sway the flowers in the backyard.

"Rye-neechan shall we go?" Ryoma asked while decending the stairs.

"Hai. Ryoga-niichan, see you later." Ryaka waved as she got up and put on her white strap sandals.

"See ya. Hey chibisuke, watch over her okay? Don't let her get tired too much." Ryoga turned to Ryoma.

"Tsch. I know, I know." Ryoma frowned and adjusted his cap.

"We're going out now!" They called as they head out the door.

----

Ryoga's POV

"Do you think it'll be okay?" Nanjiroh sat beside him.

"Yeah, she's a strong girl despite her conditions. I don't think training them will give her much stress, they're Seigaku after all." Ryoga said as he took a bite off his orange.

"I was worried when you went here alone and she isn't with you."

"Rye-chan was still finishing off her Asian tour when I came to Japan for the U-17 camp. I plan on going back to the US before the tournament starts. I'll be leaving her in your care."

"Yeah, the brat seems to really miss his older sister. He was deeply saddened when you guys were taken by your aunt. He keeps asking us everyday as to why you left and when will you two be coming back. I think that may also be a reason why he became aloof and focused only in school and tennis." Nanjiroh was toying with Karupin using the plastic snake.

"A lot has changed over the years. I just hope Ryaka will continue to be as stable as she is."

"Yeah. I hope so too."

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

A/N:

This chapter was a bit short because the next one will be about their day. Hihi.

Happy reading! :)