Chapter 34: Tezuka's Feelings

Ryaka's POV

Rinko and Nanako went home sometime after lunch. Tezuka stayed with her.

"Kuni-kun, you should go home and rest too. They said you've been here since last night. You haven't had a good sleep." She said.

"I'm okay I was able to sleep last night." Tezuka replied.

"I really appreciate you taking care of me. Arigato gozaimasu."

"You're welcome. Don't worry about me, you just rest and I'll be here okay?" Tezuka stood up and arranged her pillows.

"But I wanted to talk more >.>" She pouted.

"We can talk about anything you like later, for now you go rest." Tezuka said as he covered her with the blanket.

She wanted to protest but she saw Tezuka's concerned face so she let it go. She fell asleep a few moments after.

------------

Tezuka's POV

He doesn't know why he acts differently when he's with Ryaka. She has something in her that makes him feel like it is okay if he lets his guard down.

He wanted to be by her side, he wanted to always make her happy. He likes seeing her smile, her eyes when she's happy and when she's focused on something.

He likes watching her when she gets excited when she sees foods, when she makes silly faces and when she tries to make him laugh.

Ryaka makes him thankful that he went to Germany for that rehabilitation. It wasn't just his arm who had been feeling better since, its himself as a whole.

This girl, she's fragile yet strong. She's sly and teasing yet she's warm and caring. She's carefree yet determined. She's the only person who could stir different kinds of emotions inside him all at the same time. She's all things in one.

He got up and looked at Ryaka sleeping in the hospital bed. He brushed the strands of hair on her face with his fingers and he gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Thank you princess." he whispered.

He went to the window and looked out to the afternoon sky, thinking to himself that maybe... just maybe... he's in---

"Tezuka."

The door opened and Fuji came in with Inui, Momoshiro, Kaido, Oishi and Eiji.

"Captain, how is she feeling?" Momo asked.

"She's okay, all she needs is rest and she's set to be discharged the day after tomorrow." He said.

"Whoa~ that's a relief!" Eiji said as his worried face relaxed.

"Will she be back with Seigaku?" Fuji asked.