CHAPTER i

Rih's POV

"Delilah, what the hell is going on? I have A 74 in pre-calculus! I can make D's by myself... I told you I need at least an 82 to pass this semester. Get on it," I told the short girl with glasses who stood trembling before me. She hurriedly scurried away as I slammed my locker shut in frustration.

"Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?" I heard from behind me, it was one of my best friends Zendaya, our other friend Melissa had got sent off to boarding school in Europe by her parents because of her 'bad behavior' or whatever.

"My grades ain't where they need to be and my mom's gonna kick my ass if they don't improve."
"Maybe if you did the work instead of--"

"Don't waste your breath 'Daya, it ain't happenin' I got better shit to focus on than a damn unit circle."

"You really don't," she chuckled, "you don't do shit all day but go to every lunch and turn girls out."

"Sounds like a busy day to me," I flipped her off as I walked down the hallway.

The bell rang, I think it was time for third period but I'm not sure since I haven't been to a single class as of yet. But third period was my favorite, it was a bullshit class and my brother and friends were in there.

I turned around making my way to the class, walking in ten minutes late and getting a look from the teacher, Mr. Ruiz. I didn't trip though, he was a pushover and a stank ass glare was the worst thing he'd give to you.

"Miss Fenty-Carter, there is a schedule, please do your best to follow it." I shrugged, walking past his desk and to the table in the far back right corner.

"Nigga, when I tell you this bitch's mouth was no joke," Aubrey was saying to Cole and Rocky, as Nicki, Chyna and Amber looked on in disgust.

"Can you like not," Nicki rolled her eyes.

"Nah continue," I said intrigued as I took a seat next to my brother.

"Waddup sis? See you finally made it to a class," Cole chuckled, nudging my shoulder.

I brushed off the joke and listened to Aubrey continue his story about his thot encounter in what most would say was too much detail. The junior girls on the other side of the table were squeamish and clearly uncomfortable about the subject matter but none of us really cared. It wasn't our first time having discussions like this and it wouldn't be our last.

"Graham, subject change or I'll make you repeat that story verbatim to your mother," Mr. Ruiz threatened but Aubrey didn't call his bluff and sat back quietly with his hat low on his eyes, causing our entire table to burst into a fit of laughter.

They continued on with some conversation but my eyes were trained on Nicki. I knew that she felt me staring but she was trying with everything in her to not look my way. She nibbled on her bottom lip nervously as Chyna had the floor. Her body was tense and you could tell by the third glance at her phone that she was counting down the minutes until she could leave.

"Stop fucking staring at me!" her voice was laced with irritation and before I could respond with a slick ass comment she was already storming off, Amber and Chyna hot on her heels.

"Girls class is not over," our teacher yelled out the classroom door.

I smirked, I had been at it all year. See I wasn't monogamous, it just wasn't my thing, I didn't find it natural. I had had my fair share of girls from here and other schools, I was the cause of more fights than anything else.

Girls left their boyfriends to be with me, and honestly it was all just fun and games in my eyes. Nothing to be taken serious, I was popular and good looking, guys wanted me but knew they stood no chance since I just didn't swing that way so they settled for the next best thing...being my friend.

But with all these notches on my belt, with the money, clothes and popularity. I always wanted more, my dad says I only want the things I couldn't have and I'm starting to think he's right, because I've been chasing Nicki for the past six months and she's tried to kick my ass...twice.

I don't know if it was a crush, I didn't have crushes. It was definitely an infatuation though, Nicki was probably the only other girl as popular as me and she was just a junior. Everyone knew her and respected her, she was at the top of her class, the star of the volleyball and track teams, the nicest and easily the best looking.

To get her would be the ultimate graduation present to myself, I know that sounds wrong but... Whatever. I needed her.