The Maze

Krystal stood there staring at the door that Cedric had just walked out of.

She took a deep breath to try and calm her rushed heartbeats.

She was scared.

She was worried.

More importantly she loved that boy more than anything in the world and she didn't know what she'd do without him now?

"Doesn't Miss want to go and cheer on Mister Cedric Diggory?" Dobby asked nervously.

"I'm so scared Dobby." Krystal admitted, tears beginning to fill her eyes now.

"Nothing to be scared of Miss, Dobby is certain if Mister Harry Potter doesn't win then it will be mister Cedric Diggory."

Krystal smiled at Dobbys unwavering loyalty to Harry.

She finally left the room of requirements, and as Krystal walked out of the castle toward the loud stadium on the former Quiddich pitch that housed the large hedge maze, she noticed that the sun was setting and she knew once the sun disappeared the tournament would begin.

She was a ball of nerves and nothing that anyone said or did would ease her worries until she personally watched Cedric walk out of that maze, winner or not.

Seeing him alive and well would be more than enough of a prize for her.

Krystal saw her friends in the stands and began making her way up to join them but Professor McGonagall intercepted her first.

"Miss Montgomery....very nice of you to join us" Professor McGonagall sounded almost knowingly.

Krystal didn't know how to respond.

"You're to sit in the box with the champions family." Professor McGonagall informed her before escorting her over to the proper area, "And forgive me if I cheer for Potter."

Krystal smiled and nodded, "Of course." She said before that pit in her stomach came back and it was too big to allow herself to get excited about anything.

As Krystal followed her head of house up the steps they finally reached the top. She saw the Tournament officials, Dumbledore, Kakaroff, and Madame Maxim sitting next Fleur's little sister Gabrielle who recognized Krystal and waved to her. Other than that she saw Mr Weasley who was there more than likely there to support Harry and another man who wore glasses and seemed overly jolly. The professors joined alongside Percy Weasley and Ludo Bagman.

"Ah Krystal, allow me introduce you to Arthur Weasley." Dumbledore said kindly. "Arthur this is Krystal Montgomery, I believe she is friends with your sons Fred and George."

"Nice to meet you Mr Weasley." Krystal played along for appearances. "Are you here to support Harry?"

Mr Weasley nodded and smiled. "Yes, our family is quite close to Harry, I know my wife wishes she could have been here to support him as well but I assured her I would give her a full account of todays events."

"Well as a fellow Gryffindor I wish Harry all the luck today." Krystal said before Dumbledore ushered her to the next person.

"And Miss Montgomery, this is Amos Diggory."

She turned to the jolly man, if he seemed happy before, he was positively jubilant now as his smile reach from ear to ear.

"Now I've heard quite a lot about you my dear, it is an absolute pleasure to finally meet you."Amos Diggory said beaming with pride. "Of course my son doesn't stop talking about you, and I can see you're here to support him today." He said as he took note of the chosen scarf Krystal had settled on for today's event.

Krystal touched the scarf around her neck lovingly, she had taken to wearing one of Cedric's house scarves during his tasks, her own way of letting him know she was cheering for him. "Of course, I couldn't cheer against him...plus I promised I'd stay by his side throughout this whole tournament despite how terrified I am right now." She admitted with a nervous chuckle.

Mr. Diggory held his arm out to her, "would you do me the honor of sitting with me and we can cheer him on together?"

She placed her hand into the crook of his arm and followed him to their seats.

Dumbledore and the tournament officials left the box and made their way onto the field.

They explained the challenge as well as the rules, Dumbledore announced that since Harry and Cedric were tied for first place they would both go into the maze at the same time, then it would be Viktor followed last my Fleur.

As Krystal awaited the stat of the maze task all sound went away and all she could hear now was her breathing. She looked down at the field and kept her eyes glued on Cedric the whole time.

Of course Filtch messed up the starting shot and both Harry and Cedric carefully walked into the unknown of the tall maze and the task had officially started.

Try as she might the maze was too tall and seemed to go on forever into the distance...no one could see into the maze.

Everyone sat on the edge of their seats and listened on as a mysterious voice gave the play by play of what was happening.

"Oh, are you alright dear?" Mr. Diggory asked with concern.

She hadn't realized she was still holding onto his arm, and she was probably hurting him with her squeezing.

"I'm so sorry sir, just nervous for Cedric...I jut want him to win and hurry on out already."

He smiled at her and at her hand as he nodded and listened on to his sons progress.

Krystal listened in horror as Cedric narrowly escaped getting burned by a humongous blast-ended skrewt.

Without the Mad Eye doppelganger there was no one to hex Viktor so no one attacked Fleur or Cedric, and even still she refused to get her hopes up...She knew better than anyone how all sort of things could suddenly happen at the drop of a hat now.

Hours later sparks lit up the sky and a band began to play music, she knew the champions would be on the field.

Mr. Diggory and Krystal stood up and her heart nearly ripped out of her chest at what she saw.