Rumor Mill

The parties after the first task went on for hours as everyone was riding a celebratory elation.

And over the course of the weekend after the first task eventually the number of Potter Stinks badges went down.

When Monday morning finally rolled around everyone was dreading returning to class but everyone went about their regular morning routines.

Cedric and Krystal walked into the great hall like every morning only this time it felt like all attention was on them.

Krystal got that weird feeling that everyone was whispering about them, and with every step they took it only became obvious that the great hall was in full gossip mode, but what had they done?

Maybe it was the fact that Cedric got burned by the dragon, everyone had seen it, but Krystal was sure that died down, or maybe She was finally found out. Did everyone know she was a fake, that she just somehow randomly found herself on the Hogwarts Express?

Just then Alicia and Fred walked up to them.

"Hey guys." Krystal said as normal as she could.

"Hey Krys." Alicia said.

"Uh, Krys should sit with us this morning bloke." Fred said, only he wasn't his usual goofy self. There was nothing hyper or over the top, he was completely serious.

Still holding her hand, Cedric looked down at Krystal, He was worried but offered her a small smile as not to worry her before he kissed her forehead "meet me here after breakfast?" He asked with a smile.

"Of course." She agreed as she let go of his hand. Alicia hooked her arm with Krystal's and the two followed Fred to the Gryffindor table and as soon as She took a seat Angelina pushed the morning paper at her.

Krystal read it, right on the front page, in large bold letters.

...
THE YANKEE WITH A TASTE FOR HANDSOME WIZARDS.

By Rita Skeeter

If you haven't heard by now, Hogwarts is hosting quite a momentous event, and I'm not talking about the TriWizarding Tournament. No dear readers, I am referring to the schools first American student known as Krystal Montgomery.

While at first glance she may seem to be pretty and a model student, this young lady is a bad apple under the perfect peel. A runaway, who smuggled her way into Hogwarts and did everything but steal a wand, has been playing the role of an innocent new comer, as well as playing with the hearts of some of Hogwarts most eligible young bachelors.

The first victim is Cedric Diggory, son of Amos Diggory (Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures). Diggory was enchanted by her charming ways and convinced himself he loves her, but I think she may have used an illegal love potion. The second victim is none other than famous Bulgarian Quiddich player Viktor Krum, while both claim to be class partners, this witch saw first hand how cozy these two act off of school property. Harry Potter beware, you may be her next victim.
...

Krystal was so angry that her hands clenched the paper in her balled fists.

"That liar!" Krystal said in an angry hushed voice. "How could she write that?" She just wanted to cry, who could be so evil?

"Krys calm down." Alicia said as she touched her shoulder. "We know it isn't true."

Krystal gave her a weak smile but her smile fell away as She saw Cedric quickly get up from his seat, he made his way over to the Slytherin table, Krystal got up but George grabbed her arm to keep her out of it.