Congratulations

As soon as Dumbledore and the tournament masters left the hall a loud outbreak of questions and Potter hate took place.

Krystal sat quietly as her friends began discussing it.

"Look Harry's cool and all" Angelina said "but it's not fair that he gets special treatment." She finished a little bitterly, she of course had entered her name into the goblet with her own hopes of fame. "I mean I was cool with Ced getting it, he's a stand up guy, smart, very talented but most importantly old enough to enter and be called."

"I don't think he put his name in." Krystal offered.

"Why not?" Lee asked.

"Did you see his face, he was confused and a little scared." Krystal explained.

"Yeah...He was probably scared of getting told off in front of everyone." Fred said "I mean did you see old Dumbledore's face, I don't think I've ever seen him so serious before."

"I thought Dumbledore looked more afraid than angry." Krystal said.

"Do you think they'll let him compete?" Alicia asked.

"Of course they will." Katie said.

"Look, honestly...They don't exactly have a choice." Krystal told them.

"What do you mean?" Angelina asked.

Krystal sighed, she hated coming off like a know it all but she also felt horrible for the sudden hate Harry was getting thrown his way, it was enough he was about to go through his own drama with his best friend. "Well it's like Dumbledore said when he first brought out the Goblet of Fire...If you put your name in and it's called out its like a contract, you are magically bound to compete even if you suddenly get second thoughts."

Then she added "that's why the professors all looked so worried when his name was called, he's obviously three years younger than the other Champions in the tournament, Harry hasn't learned nearly as much as them, the tasks will be difficult as it is but add in the fact that his magical ability isn't up to par with the rest of them...it's a really scary thought. Not to mention people have died in this tournament before...that's why they haven't held a tournament in ages."

Their expressions changed from hard and angry to sad and worried.

"That's why I don't think he put his name in, and also why I didn't want Cedric to put his name in." She said looking over to Fred and George now. The twins nodded their understanding.

The hall was still filled with people talking, some excitedly, other confused, but a big majority was pretty upset about the surprise fourth Champion.

Professor Flitwick and Professor Sprout gave everyone leave from the great hall and the top of friends made their way to the Gryffindor common room.

"So someone put his name in then." Lee suggested as he picked up a cup of steaming hot chocolate.

"Had to" Katie agreed.

"But who would want to hurt Harry?" Alicia asked with real concern for Harry, she's always thought he was a decent kid, a damn good seeker but a decent guy all around.

"Malfoy." Fred and George offered up simultaneously. "Ron's always going on about how he and harry can't stand Malfoy." Fred said. "And rom the way we hear it, the hate is mutual." George added.

Angelina rolled her eyes and shook her head now. "Can't be...Draco Malfoy himself isn't even old enough to put his own name into the goblet much less Harry's."

They all came up blank, Krystal knew who had put in Harry's name but of course she couldn't say anything, who would believe her even if she did?

"Did you guys see anyone else up last night when you used the map?" She whispered to Fred and George to try and get clarification.

They shook their heads "only the usual ghosts, Barty Crouch was standing guard over the goblet and Snape and Filch were patrolling to make sure students got back to their bed immediately after they put their name in." Fred told me.

"Do you still have it?"

"Nah, we gave it back to Harry this morning." Fred said.

Krystal nodded, 'this would be so much easier if the map could differentiate suffixes.'

"Either way," Lee said silencing the entire group. "One things for sure...A Gryffindor was just called out as a Champion for the Tri-Wizarding Tournament...We're partying tonight."

They all happily agreed as Gyffindors are always down for a party.

As they set things up for the party a lot of Gryffindors sulked, some even complained but the second Harry walked in everyone cheered and applauded.

Krystal stayed only long enough to greet and congratulate Harry personally then she left for bed.

In the morning knowing the events for the tournament were going to be taking place soon, Krystal decided to finally send back her favorite dress design to Madame Malkins, she got dressed and went up to the Owlery.

She spotted the school birds and tied off her scroll and sent The owl flying.

"Fancy running into you...what brings you by the Owlery so early Darling?"

Krystal turned and faced Cedric happily.

"Hey, just sending an owl to Madame Malkin about my Yule ball dress, what about you?" She asked.

"Sending an owl to my parents to let them know I'll be in the tournament." He said proudly.

"Oh yeah, congratulations by the way, I always knew they'd pull your name from the fire." She admitted.

He put his note in his back pocket and went over to her, he grabbed her hands and kissed her forehead. "I know you aren't happy about this, but I'm really excited Krystal."

She looked up into his handsome face and she couldn't be mad, she smiled softly before she lifted her head to kiss him and he met her halfway. "Cedric I'm proud of you, you are exactly what this tournament needs...Someone who's strong, intelligent, talented and honest." Krystal confessed. "I'm only worried that the tournament will get the better of you and I don't want to see you hurt."

"I don't know why you're so worried about my safety." He wondered aloud "but if it makes you feel any better, I promise to be safe." He said with a smile.

She couldn't help but smile at his gorgeous smile.

"I love this smile of yours," he said as he stroked Krystal's cheek and then kissed her lips. "Just please stay by my side."

"Of course I will." She agreed, then he went back to sending his letter home. Once finished Cedric took Krystal's hand into his once again before he walked them back to the castle.

"Just promise me one thing," Krystal said, pausing just outside of the great hall.

"Anything darling." He smiled lovingly down at her.

"Just...just don't play the hero."