Diagon Alley

"Come Miss Mongomery, we have to make haste." Professor McGonagall said.

The two walked out of the castle and Krystal followed as best she could as Professor McGonagall made her way off the school grounds.

"This is Hogsmeade, you will be allowed to come here on the weekends to do a bit of shopping or to enjoy a little free time." She said.

"But what about the permission slip?" Krystal squeaked out of nervous excitement of having finally gotten her wish to come to Hogsmeade.

"Oh, but Dumbledore assured us he had spoken with your parents, don't your parents know you're here child?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"He must have talked to them while I was out of the house." She said hoping it wasn't a lie.

McGonagall gave her a weary look but didn't press the issue.

Krystal suddenly wondered about her life back home. Would they be looking for her, would her parents call the cops. Maybe she would be considered a run-a-way.

She nodded and they reached the hogshead. Professor McGonagall took her arm and before she had time to react her body lurched forward and she felt like her stomach had gone down to her feet.

The world around them moved in a blur and the next thing Krystal knew they had stopped, she bent down to steady her heart and stomach.

"Sorry Krystal dear, I forgot how apparating effects first timers." She said. "Are you alright?"

Krystal stood up, "yes ma'am I'm fine now."

"Good, Dumbledore has arranged for the shops to stay open for you...This Miss Montgomery, is Diagon Alley."

She nearly fainted with true excitement.

"I will go and pick up your school books, and supplies, You should go to Madam Malkin's for school robes as well as Dress Robes for the upcoming Yule Ball. After she takes your measurements and you've picked a dress head over to Ollivander's and pick up a wand." She instructed, Krystal nodded her understanding. "The bank is closed so we'll have to get your money and do other little trinket shopping on another day."

She smiled then Professor McGonagall sent her off.

Krystal entered the quaint store and Madame Malkin greeted her warmly.

"Lets get right down to work shall we?" She asked.

Madame Malkin was a squat witch who was very friendly. She has white hair that she kept in a tidy knot on the top of her head. Her blue eyes twinkled with happiness as she worked, an absolute indication that she loved her job.

After she took Krystal's measurements she pulled some fabrics of all colors and designs and Krystal picked her favorite.

"I will draw up a couple of sketches and send you an owl, you can pick your favorite and I will begin constructing your dress for the upcoming ball." She said cheerfully.

Krystal thanked her and hugged her happily before she finally left Madame Malkin's with an arm full of wrapped packages. Krystal walked down the way and entered Ollivander's.

"Welcome, welcome. I've picked out a few that may work for you." Ollivander said.

After almost twenty wands Krystal was beginning to feel like the jig was up.

'I'm not a wizard, I'm not even suppose to be here in this world. So I don't know why I ever though for even a second, that I would actually find a wand.' She thought in a slight panic.

"Don't worry, i'll stay open all night if I have to until we find you a proper wand." He said with a patient smile.

Professor McGonagall walked in and waited as she tried even more wands.