Chapter 15: Explain To Me And Tell The Past

My quiet movements were made much louder as my heels clicked along the hard surface of the library. My eyes searched everywhere for that familiar sight. My fingers roamed along the rough surface of the book case. Finally a gold lined book fell upon the floor. In a quick action I picked it up in my shaking hands. Yes,  in fact I was worried about any vampires that weren't Harry. I knew he was the only one who would protect me, despite his own person issues. Though, at times, he was my worst nightmare.

         In the flash of an eye a dark shadow was presented before me. My eyes nervously lurked up, facing the beast eye to eye. Zayn of course didn't look the slightest bit different. His midnight black locks styled up in perfection, along with his chocolate melted eyes. He certainly wasn't hard on the eyes. But he was no Harry.  A smirk pulled up onto his lips as he saw me standing there.

            "So you need help already?" He asked moving closer to me.

              Just when I thought he was going to hurt me, or touching me in anyway, he moved passed me. His hands gripped onto a chair of the small library chair before us. His hand gestured me over. I guess i shouldn't take every act as dangerous. My bum rested onto the seat as he slid it closer against the table. Within the time I could blink, Zayn was already sitting in front of me. His arms were folded together, his milky eyes never leaving me.

              "How do you turn into a vampire?" I asked him, quite bluntly. His eyes widened, I most certainly caught him off guard.

                   "You're not thinking about trying to turn into one, are you?" Zayn asked with a cocked eyebrow. My head immediately shook at the thought. 

                  "No, Of course i'm not Zayn!" I said as I paused, thinking about just what I wanted to say, "I just wanted to know how you turn into one," I said softly.

                   " I have a feeling i'm going to regret telling you this," He said with a soft sigh.  He got out of his chair, moving over to where he was behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. What the hell was he doing?

                     "You see, a vampire would have to bite the human... There's a special vain...." He whispered, his lips so close to my ear, the slightest move would cause them to touch the innocent skin. 

                       "Right here," Zayn whispered, his finger tips running up a spot where my shoulder met my neck. Chills ran up and down my spine at the simple touch. Would it had been that hard to explain 

                       without 

                       Touching me?

                      "But first, for the change to work, the human must drink the changers blood. It can't be forced, or else the change may not work," He explained his voice still roaming in a quiet manor.

                      "And what happens if the change doesn't work?" I asked in confusion, my eyes pondering up to look at him. His eyes filled with worry and hurt, almost like it had happened to him.

                      "The human dies..." He explained softly. His eyes never met mine as he spoke, and that was all the confirmation i needed to know that it had happened to him. 

                       By the looks of it, that girl or boy wasn't just a person for Zayn. By the look in his eyes it looked like he cared for them... even loved... But was it possible for a vampire to love? I know it wasn't a very considerate question to ask. But it roamed through my mind More than any other question ever had. Could vampires feel the same as humans? Was there some different way they loved? Or was the only thing they ever loved in a human their blood?

                       "Zayn, Can vampires love?" I asked softly. I looked down, i couldn't face him while i asked this question.

                       A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he spoke, "Of course we can Anna. It's just different. We have one true love, once we love someone we never love anyone else. When we truly love someone, when or if we ever let them drink our blood, we feel connected completely. If you don't... you know it's not real..." Zayn explained lightly.

                      "Can you fake that feeling?" I asked curiously. It was a decent enough question.

                      "Well... Yes the human can. But the vampire can't. The true love you find, is when you both are so lost in the love, no one else comes to mind. They are the most beautiful person in the world to you. They're you're everything. I've always longed for the feeling, most of us do. We either long for it, or we turn off our emotions and live a cold blooded life,"  The emotion flooded through Zayn's voice as he spoke. It was so genuine, so sweet.

                        "Thank you for all your help today,"  I said sweetly as I stood up. The subject was begging to haunt me, and i just couldn't take anymore. He nodded at me, before offering his arm.

                         "I heard your screams from all the way down here... I think Harry would want me to help you home," He offered, his lips pulled into a happy smile. I took his arm, with a smile.

                         The whole walk was very quiet. It seemed almost as if Zayn was watching out for anyone, which he probably was. I kind of felt bad dragging Zayn into this, i didn't know if Skyy would hurt him. If any part of the old Skyy was there, he wouldn't, but i doubted it. Skyy probably turned off all of his emotions like Zayn explained. He probably had no feelings anymore. Just the thought of that sent shivers up my spine. No feelings, no emotions, no compassion. That would mean Skyy wouldn't think twice about hurting me. He would snap my neck in an instant. But if he was going to kill me, wouldn't he already had done it? It just really didn't make sense.

                        As we walked onto the porch of the boarding house, my hair went wild in the breeze, causing me to turn away from it. Infact thee direction I turned was facing Zayn. He chuckled at the difficulty I was having. The words slipped out of Zayn's mouth like they were nothing, but they screwed me over more than he would ever know.

                           "I think that Harry is your soul mate."