Chapter 5: Penguin Cookies and Soft Kisses

I woke up early, in an attempt to go see her at the nurses headquarters. I got up and turned the alarm clock off. I slipped into a dress with some tights and boots. I braided my hair into a loose bun and walked out the door, after spending several minutes covering up the dark circles from no sleep. That was caused by many nightmares I had last night, and the occasional bang on the window. IT was almost like he was tormenting me, knowing exactly how to scare me to the core. I had nightmares all my life, but these were different. It was usually someone else getting hurt, but this time it was me. I woke up with harsh pains, but they quickly went away. I walked out onto the cold bricks, skipping breakfast. I looked around before stepping into the infirmary. The white walls surrounded me as I stepped into the clean building. All so stationary, almost like each room had been premade and mas produced.  I walked up to the counter and traced my finger along the list of rooms. I finally found Jenny’s room and cautiously opened the door. There she laid, Pale, Frail, and half awake. I walked up to her bed and smiled softly. She was still beautiful, even when in pain. Yes, you could consider me jealous. I had always been the jealous type, but I never showed it. I kept it bottled up and I tried my hardest to try to be half as beautiful as other girls.

                “Anna? Did I eat to many cupcakes?” She said weakly opening her eyes. I laughed.

                “No love, you got attacked by a… wolf” I said with a sad smile. She looked at me confused.

                “Do I really smell that much like meat?” She asked. I laughed and shook my head.

                “No, not at all love!” I giggled. She just softly smiled and sighed.

                “Are you tired? Do you want me to come back later?” I asked softly, placing the cookies I had in my purse on the side table.

                “Yes Please…. And what are those?” She said and I began walking back. As I opened the door and turned around to close it I smiled brightly.

                “Penguin shaped cookies,” I winked knowing she would love them and closed the door, giggling softly.

 I pushed open the heavy door and began making my way to my first class. I felt heavy footsteps following mine as I took the shortcut through the woods. I didn’t feel like taking the time to go the normal way, because honestly, I was scared. My heart beat like drums as I continued walking, picking up my pace slightly. I heard more footsteps as they grew closer to me. Finally I began into a running speed. I felt a strong hand whip me around and slam me into a hard cold body. I looked up to see green orbs with red swirls staring down at me. I opened my mouth to scream when his finger delicately pulled my chin up and pressed his finger against my mouth.

“Shhh,” He whispered. “I told the teacher you weren’t feeling well,” He said taking me off my feet and onto his strong arms. The bridal style didn’t really comfort me, it made me more nervous.

“W-Where are we going?” I asked quietly and held my backpack hard against my chest.

 His curls tickled against my forehead as he leaned down and pressed his plump lips against my cheek. He obviously was ignoring my question as he walked back towards the dorms. I stared at him in complete awe as the sun shined onto his pale figure. His towering body shielding mine from any source of light as he stepped onto the porch, pressing the door open. A loud creak emerged  from the door as he stepped in. My whole body was shaking. Not due to the bitter coldness, but of the thoughts erupting from my head. What was going to happen to me? Was I going towards death? No… He had promised my life. He had told me he would just feed on my blood.

As we arrived to a room, similar to mine, but bigger in size, I was sat down on the cold bed. Harry took my backpack from my grip and placed it on the floor. He pushed me to sit against the headboard. I did so and he sat down, placing my legs on his lap. I continued to look at him. His features looking so heavenly, to perfect to match his horrifying reality. His eyes turned to me.

“I’m going to make this as painless as possible. I promise, I don’t want to hurt you,” He said quietly. His low voice echoed around the room. I simply nodded and he took my shaky hand. He gently grazed his lips over the tips of my fingers, kissing softly. His soft lips then moved up my shaky palm to my wrist. He closed his eyes, his eyelashes collapsing down. My eyes tilted back in pain as I gasped. His teeth dug into the skin, ripping it open like a package. He sucked obviously containing himself. He was trying not to hurt me… Which warmed my heart. Though, the pain of this made me whimper several times.  I closed my eyes shut as I began to fall into a black dark pit of pain. His sharp teeth pulled back and his soft lips kisses the punchers.

“I’m so sorry” I heard him whisper as I fell asleep, terrified. Yes, He had did it very softly, but still I was terrified. Not only of him, but of the future. Would I ever be the same?