Chapter 19: Jackets and Underwear Models

After paying the bill, Louis and I began to slowly make our way back. It was slightly chilly to be honest, and several goose bumps were appearing on my arms. Not to mention my face was beyond cold, my face pale in the harsh wind. Noticing my uncomfort, Louis began to take off his jacket. Knowing that he would be incredibly cold if he took it off, I burrowed myself in his side to stop his actions. Though it was freezing, my cheeks began to heat up, and it seemed as if Lou’s were also.

“Being a little forward tonight, eh?” Louis teased as his arm engulfed me into a tight grip, practically squishing me against his side.

“No, I’m being constructive, and using body heat to keep us warm,” I argued, not keen to the idea of letting him think I was flirting in any form.

“Whatever makes that pretty little face of yours smile,” He mumbled quietly, causing my cheeks to flare from a pink, to a deep auburn.

My mouth became slightly dry, unable to come up with words to counter his statement. Not that I didn’t mind the peacefulness of the sudden calm. The only sounds that were made, were the sounds of the fallen leaves ruffling around in the wind. Along with that, the sound of my heels dancing along the pavement created a soft clicking sound. It reminded me of when I would dance around the house in my mother’s stilettos, pretending to be Marilyn Monroe, Or someone of the sort.

Not only pretending to Marilyn, I wanted to be like her. I wanted to be a famous actress and singer, But all those dreams seemed to fade when I fell into a deep depression. I seemed to avoid the subject, since it was like an unhealed wound, that could be easily ripped open. I wanted to forget the dark shadows, since I knew I had forced the sun to shine. My depression had been the fault of many reasons, reasons I didn’t think about. Reasons I forced myself not to think about. Reasons I refused to talk about. Because of that, It was probably the reason I pushed people away, Because they would think they were entitled to know about my past. Which, They weren’t. I probably wouldn’t tell anyone. Those secrets would go down in the tomb with me.

After a while of blissful silence, a voice interrupted her peaceful state of mind with the soft words of

“Anna, I don’t want you going around here unprotected, Alright? It’s not safe with the other vampire here,”

I rose an eyebrow at Louis’ comment, my chin tilting upwards towards him as he spoke “Why would I have to be careful with another vampire here? It’s not like he’s after me,” I said bluntly.

Louis seemed to hesitate before speaking, causing me to become slightly worried “ Please, Just don’t,” He said firmly, It being more of a command than a request.

Deciding I probably wouldn’t get any further by trying to discuss that issue, I pondered my mind for other subjects. I didn’t really want to get into a silence once again, knowing the silence would make my mind too imaginative for comfort.

“Can I walk to the library alone?” I asked simply, making myself think of Zayn.

I loved being able to go to him and vent my problems, knowing that he would care and listen to all of them. Added to that, he could answer my questions, Which was something I longed for numerous times. I almost wished, that in the snap of a finger he’d be at my side, ready to be my personal therapist. But, That was completely mental, and unrealistic.

“If you hurry there. I have faith that Malik will keep you safe,” He simply exclaimed, causing my eyes to look like a deer in headlights.

“How do you know about Zayn and I?” I asked, Immediately stopping myself.

There was no ‘Zayn and I’ We were simply friends.

“I mean, How do you know about Zayn being my vampire therapist?” I joked lightly, trying to cover up just how embarrassed I was about my simple slip of words. The words really shouldn’t had even bothered me.

Louis seemed to find my unease extremely amusing, seeing that he let out various chuckles throughout my speaking.

“Darling, He’s a vampire. Ofcourse I know he’s around. He’s actually helping Harold and I with our little predicament,”  He spoke with a hint of joy in his voice. His voice was in fact whimsical, making anyone within ear rang a little more cheerful.

“You know I’d love if you’d tel-” I began, before I stopped quickly.

Louis’ hand was placed ever so delicately on my cheek, lingering on the flushed skin. My heart beat quickly, almost pounding out my chest. I didn’t know how to describe the antsy feeling going off within the core of my stomach. Almost like butterflies being let out of a cage, set free to tickle along my insides. The feeling felt oddly familiar, and i quickly remembered the strong feeling I was also given by none other than Harry.

I looked around the surroundings as i noticed Louis had pulled back. Clearing my head, I noticed that we were already at the dorms. The breeze continued to linger, forcing my head into the direction. There, Just like on a que, appeared Harry. His hair tousled up perfectly, Just like he had walked straight off of a Calvin Klein photoshoot. When my eyes finally got down to his face, All there was was hurt and anger. All of which, Seem to be directed all towards Louis.

You could practically feel the awkwardness when Harry walked forward, causing Louis’ grip on me to completely disappear. When I felt another arm on me, I looked to Louis in wonder why he had suddenly reconnected his grip on me. When I noticed his arms were both placed firmly at his sides, Confusion came over me.  My head wandered over, finally landing on Harry.

It was Harry’s arm.

This didn’t really bother me, Infact I felt extremely safe in his arms. But, The reason of his placement just made me even more perplexed. The linger of his lips fell upon my ear, all of us sitting there in complete and utter silence. Not only was it awkward, It was unsettling. The soft skin of his lips stayed there for a moment, before his raspy voice stated a demand.

“You’re moving into my room,”