Chapter 8: CD's and Dark Shadows

Did I really mean it when I said there nothing between Harry and I? Did I really mean it when I said there never would be? I felt terrible, Even if he was a blood sucking monster, he had feelings. I mean, Yeah, I probably shouldn’t had said it if I didn’t completely mean it. Though, It was out of the moment. I mean how would it be if I told Niall there was? Wouldn’t everyone just bug me about it more? I would apologize and tell him my feelings as soon as I gave him the chance. I placed the CD in my computer and pressed play. I waited until one of the songs came on, but instead I was greeted with Harry’s voice.

“Hey Anna. I was listening to some songs, and…” He paused and took a breath. I laid down on my bed and waited for him to continue. I closed my eyes.

“They reminded me of you… So here’s a few of the songs and just some others I like. I hope you like it.” He mumbled. He made a mix tape of his feelings for me? No guy had ever done that. Well, I’ve never really had a guy do anything for me. The song You Got it Bad  by Usher, Came on. I listened to the song in peace until I remembered I had to get ready.

I rummaged through my trunk, pulling out the only thing I had suitable for tonight. A cream dress, It didn’t hug my hips when I put it on. Instead, it went out a little puffy, with black lace going down the sides, and see through lace sleeves. The sleeves were convenient due to my ‘burn’.  I put my hair into a lose bun, Curling my bangs to frame my face in small ringlets.  I slid some red pumps on, following my red lipstick, red clutch and mascara.  I was read till a unfamiliar song came on. I looked at the CD to see what it was labeled as, As I listened.

“Incompatible, it don't matter though

'Cause someone's bound to hear my cry

Speak out if you do, you're not easy to find

Is it possible Mr. Lovable is already in my life?

Right in front of me or maybe you're in disguise

Who doesn't long for someone to hold

Who knows how to love you without being told

Somebody tell me why I'm on my own

If there's a soulmate for everyone”

                What did these lyrics mean? I had a feeling they were going to haunt me for the rest of the night. I walked out the door to see everyone waiting downstairs. I made my way down the steps and looked at all the girls. They looked beautiful. Amanda was wearing a short burnt orange dress, that fit well. Jenny, was wearing a light blue dress, the color of her eyes with her hair in a braid. MaKenzie was wearing a dark purple highlow dress.  Mikala was wearing a simple strapless black dress. Hannah was wearing a green dress that had several beads on it. River was wearing a gold skirt with a white top and lots of gold jewelry. Last but not least, Niall was wearing a cameo pullover and black pants, and a jacket. I honestly didn’t really want to go. Partying wasn’t my thing. At all.

                “You look great Love!” River said sweetly. I smiled softly.

                “So do you! You all look amazing!” I gushed. They smiled and I got several thank you’s.

                We made our way to the club. Everyone was talking, and I just wasn’t into it. I don’t know, I just didn’t seem part of the group. I was like an outcast. I knew they were making an effort to make me feel like I was fitting in but it didn’t really happen. I sighed as I leaned against the wall. I was in one of the less popular corners while everyone else was dancing.

There was an eerie presence around me. I couldn’t help but think of Harry. I just felt so guilty. I walked with my coke in my hand, Around the building, past the intoxicated people. I was by the back exit when I saw the door open. The figure was blurry. A hand grabbed onto my wrist and I was pulled out into the alley way. I tried to scream but a hand was on my mouth, forcing me quiet. I closed my eyes as he pinned me against the cold brick wall.

                “Don’t you know it’s not safe to be alone?” He purred into my ear. I gulped. His touch on my arm wasn’t nearly as soft as Harry’s.

                “Oh. What do we have here?” He asked. He lingered his fingers under my locket and turned it around.

                “You’re a blood donor? He thought this would keep you safe? Cute,” He said with a dark chuckle. I stood still too scared to move.

                “Any last words before I drink every drop of life you have left in your body?” He said coldy.

 I opened my eyes and looked at the dark figure.  I couldn’t tell what he looked like, all I could see was a dark shadow. I thought about the many things I could say. But what I needed now was someone to help me, To save me. The only person I knew could do that was someone I was also scared of.

“HARRY!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. Nothing. He wasn’t there and I doubted he could hear me.

“Goodbye sweetheart,” The man chuckled onto my neck, his lips lingering on the skin. I closed my eyes and suddenly felt the body lift away from me. I heard a whimper of pain and opened my eyes.

“Don’t fucking touch her!” A familiar voice yelled in pure anger. It was so dark and I was so scared I couldn’t tell who was there.

“Fine. But keep a better eye on her next time. Who knows? Maybe next time when you aren’t around I’ll have a tasty treat,” My attacker said before a strong blow of wind. Suddenly I felt as if he was gone. I felt soft fingertips brush my skin before I was pulled into a hug. The cold body I was held against was familiar and I knew that I was safe. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged back, still scared beyond belief.

“I won’t let anyone touch you I promise,” Harry whispered into my ear.

“I-I’m so sorry. That’s not what I meant earlier when you came in. I… I didn’t know what I was thinking,” I said quietly. I was shaking as he gently stroked his fingers through my hair with one hand. His other hand rubbed soft circles into my back, calming me down. After several minutes, I was caught off guard by his new words.

“Shh, It’s alright. But I don’t want to risk anything happening to you. So I’m going to be by your side at all times. If anyone asks we’re dating,”