Chapter 4: Pretty Little Liars, and Hot and Cold

I stopped dead in my place. How could the once, gentlemanly boy I had meet earlier, turn into a blood sucking monster? He placed Jenny down against a rock and made his way over to me slowly. The only sounds to be heard were the cracking of the leaves bellow, the wind, and my heavy heartbeat. Harry moved behind me as I stayed perfectly still in dead silence.

                “Anna…” He said softly, his body almost an inch away from mine. “You have two options,” He simply stated. His fingertips brushed along my neck as he gently put my hair to one side. My whole body began growing small bumps as his soft pink lips pressed along my shoulder.

                “I can kill you now,” He said sternly. His strong arm wrapped around my waist, quickly pressing my back against his chest. “Or… You can be a blood donor,” He whispered against my cold skin.

                “W-What’s a blood donor?” I said quietly, my voice seemed a million times louder in the dead silence of the night.

                “It means, every time I’m hungry, I feed off a little bit of your blood,” He said softly kissing up the line of my neck, right where he would bite. That one vein would be simple to get to, just breaking the thin protection I called skin.

                “What about Jenny?” I ask staring at the lifeless body in the corner of darkness. I felt his curls tickle the skin on my neck as he looked up to my face. His dark, terrifying red eyes, turned into the shinning emerald orbs I knew.

                “I will just take her to the infirmary, they won’t suspect anything. I will tell them she was attacked by a wolf. If you are asked, you say the same thing,” Harry answered. His grip tightened on me, almost squeezing the life out of me. I nodded cautiously.

                “Good girl,” He smirked and kissed my flushed cheeks. In the flash of an eye, the two bodies that had been near me disappeared into the darkness.

In complete shock of the events that had just taken place, I ran out of that dreadful place. My breathing slowed down as I closed the door to the dorm. I took a deep breath and looked around the place, so new to my eyes. I sighed and pressed my back against the cold wall, taking in all that had happened. In the short period of 38 hours, I Had gone from being in my sweet home, To being in a dreadful new place, full of blood sucking monsters. Not only were they blood sucking monsters, but it was one that not only stole your blood, but did it after knowing you for a brief period of time. I could never understand how you could hurt someone you had meet before, touched before, talked to before, all within a short period. Yes, I get that if you hated the person it would be slightly different, but even then you would have to have very little sympathy to hurt someone else you had the same emotions as you. Well, I guess that didn’t count for vampires, they were cold, heartless, and most likely once their heart beat was gone; their soul went along with it. No emotions.

                I picked myself up from the wall and staggered up the stairwell. The girl that I had meet and had a connection with, was now in the hospital, practically dead. Not only was it that, she would never be the same if she had remembered how it happened. That once bubbly personality would be vanished into a deep pit of fear. No one would believe her either; she would be put into a mental asylum.  I shakily gripped my hand on the cold silver nob, turning my door open. I closed the door behind me after I stumbled in. I locked the door in a hurry without any hesitation.  I sat aimlessly along the bed, looking at the clock, watching the tiny pointers go around and around endlessly.

 I felt dirty, no, I felt filthy. Walking to the bathroom I stripped of my torn and stinky clothing. I turned the shower on and stepped in. The heat of the water stung across my cold back. I still felt the haunt of Harry’s hold against my back. I gently ran my fingers over the sensitive places he had kissed. I rinsed the mud out of my hair with my vanilla shampoo. I stepped out into the cold air and wrapped a soft towel around my moist body. I dried off and slipped a loose t-shirt, shorts, and of course underwear. I tucked myself in the bed and watched the time tick by. Eventually falling into a horror filled sleep. That biggest horror, was Harry.